Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:38 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

My heart is trying to kill me.

EVERY spring I get motorcycle fever and EVERY time my brain talks me out of it. This has gone on since I sold my first and last bike decades ago.

But now that I'm a teetotaler my brain doesn't have the easy out reasoning that previously trumped emotion.

It appears I can get a really nice midsized Japanese bike for a couple grand.

I've always been something of a natural on 2 wheels (thanks mom and dad) so experience is not a dealbreaker. Any thoughts? All appreciated.

Pete
Old 05-23-2014, 01:40 PM

Every spring I want to trade in my 15 YO Tahoe for something new too. I practically invent problems with it. By July it usually passes and I wonder what I was thinking....
Old 05-23-2014, 01:49 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
EVERY spring I get motorcycle fever and EVERY time my brain talks me out of it. This has gone on since I sold my first and last bike decades ago.

But now that I'm a teetotaler my brain doesn't have the easy out reasoning that previously trumped emotion.

It appears I can get a really nice midsized Japanese bike for a couple grand.

I've always been something of a natural on 2 wheels (thanks mom and dad) so experience is not a dealbreaker. Any thoughts? All appreciated.

Pete
Give it up ya old fart. Some older fart than you will just pull a left in front of you and you'll end up as highway pizza. I miss my old KZ650 too but I ain't getting back in the saddle. No fuckin' way. Too many idjits on the road these days.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Area Man

Every 13th I make the payment on the Mighty Bluestreak and think, "This thing is killing me, I really need to get rid of it."

But, there she sits, Pete. Every time I drop the hammer and feel that massive rush of power, my heart skips a beat......................

If you can muster up the 2gs, go get that bike. You only live once.

Dave
Old 05-23-2014, 02:33 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

The angel of Bob on one shoulder, the devil of Dave on the other! What a picture lol.

My problem? is that I live on the edge of a national forest and know all the backroads I can putter down. I also know a handful of utility access roads. Also the SO is actually on board with it. See heart talking fast. I know how thick 4 wheel drivers can be.

Mr Pots I get that often and currently am fighting selling my little truck, even though I know I shouldn't! But I could get something else

Pete
Old 05-23-2014, 02:38 PM
Loyal Opposition

Decide for yourself if your skill at riding is enough to overcome the idiocy we see from other motorists. You're not planning on texting while riding are you?

You would get a helluva lot better mileage than the land yachts you are so find of.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 05-23-2014, 02:38 PM
Admin

I hate to break it ya Pete but you're old and yer bones are brittle. Save yer pennies and get a Cobra kit car.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:42 PM
Area Man

Bob..............

........an "angel"?

Dace
Old 05-23-2014, 02:46 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

It's like falling down the rabbit hole Dave

D you're an enabler! One of my arguments is that I can save $5+ every time I drive it to work (backroads), and in northeastern Ohio that should add up to at least $10 a year.

Pete
Old 05-23-2014, 02:46 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post
bob..............

........an "angel"?

Dace

lmao !!