Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:02 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Well, I figured someone that created the Cuban labor camp system, who helped replace one miserable police state with another, and who had folks shot who disagreed with him was someone that you'd think was "awesome".

Che has become a fashion statement.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:13 PM

History generally shows that successful revolutionaries make poor administrators, exceptions are rare. Beware of a taste for authoritarianism becoming tyranny.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2016, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Well, I figured someone that created the Cuban labor camp system, who helped replace one miserable police state with another, and who had folks shot who disagreed with him was someone that you'd think was "awesome".
The truth is that Che was a great and charismatic revolutionary fighter but far too nuts to work in the government. Basically, Fidel and Raoul knew early on that they needed to get rid of him but he was too popular to purge. The solution they hit on was to give him tasks at which he would both chafe and fail, then convince him to leave Cuba and spread the revolution to other parts of the world.

So, the Cuban government came out the winners. They got rid of a seriously loose cannon (who also happened to smell very bad), spread the fame of the Cuban revolution around the world and, with his eventual death, had a martyr around which build the cult of Che.

Last edited by Boreas; 03-21-2016 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:17 PM

The only difference between a dissident and a terrorist is 90 miles.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Che has become a fashion statement.
Which is precisely what was intended.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Presidential visits to any foreign country are heavily scripted, so the location and timing of this picture was no doubt placed on Obama's visit to Cuba following careful consideration and forethought.

So, what is the takeaway from a US President allowing is picture to be taken in front of the Plaza de la Revolución in Havana with the visage of el Che in the background?
If he was white everyone would be doing high fives, like when Nixon went to China.

Have you noticed the GOP is not upset with Cuban immigration but hate immigration from the rest of Latin America? Cubans can stay as long as they reach our soil, automatically with no questions asked.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Have you noticed the GOP is not upset with Cuban immigration but hate immigration from the rest of Latin America? Cubans can stay as long as they reach our soil, automatically with no questions asked.
Wet Foot Dry Foot, one of the stupidest "immigration laws" ever, courtesy of Slick Willy.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:10 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Wet Foot Dry Foot, one of the stupidest "immigration laws" ever, courtesy of Slick Willy.
I don't know how it is now, but when I went to the University of Florida in the late 60's the Cuban immigrants were getting to go there free. And I'm not talking just free tuition. They were also getting a generous living allowance that covered everything from beer to books. I know of one Cuban girl that was going there like that and do you know what her major was? Fucking Spanish that's what. Talk about a gimmee program!
Old 03-21-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wet_fe...cy?wprov=sfla1

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2016, 07:37 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
The truth is that Che was a great and charismatic revolutionary fighter but far too nuts to work in the government. Basically, Fidel and Raoul knew early on that they needed to get rid of him but he was too popular to purge. The solution they hit on was to give him tasks at which he would both chafe and fail, then convince him to leave Cuba and spread the revolution to other parts of the world.

So, the Cuban government came out the winners. They got rid of a seriously loose cannon (who also happened to smell very bad), spread the fame of the Cuban revolution around the world and, with his eventual death, had a martyr around which build the cult of Che.
I see you've been brainwashed by the official US Government's line of shit.

Che never wanted to work in the government. He did for a while but his heart wasn't in it. No one had to convince him to leave Cuba and try to spread the revolution. That was what he wanted. As such he was a danger to US business interests in Latin America and beyond. For that reason he was hunted down and murdered by the US government.

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/2/7...he_how_the_cia