Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-19-2018, 04:56 PM

Here we go again. Devin Nunes writes a BS “report” accusing the DOJ and FBI of abusing FISA. It’s bologna, of course, so naturally the right wing nuts and their enablers in the fake media (Hannity, etc), along with the Russian bots, are pushing it hard to Trump’s idiot base. Sigh. Embarrassed that Nunes comes from The Golden State.

http://www.businessinsider.com/relea...ccounts-2018-1
Old 01-22-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Here we go again. Devin Nunes writes a BS “report” accusing the DOJ and FBI of abusing FISA. It’s bologna, of course, so naturally the right wing nuts and their enablers in the fake media (Hannity, etc), along with the Russian bots, are pushing it hard to Trump’s idiot base. Sigh. Embarrassed that Nunes comes from The Golden State.

Uh huh. Meanwhile, the memo circulating in DC since last week regarding the potential abuses of FISA has yet to be leaked. With the leaks and anonymous sourcing that have been the staple of journalism this last year and a half, I have to wonder why we haven't heard about the content of this memo. Could it be that the content of the memo just doesn't fit the narrative of "collusion"?

We'll see.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:16 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
anonymous sourcing that have been the staple of journalism this last year and a half,

We'll see.
It is the in thing.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:13 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Uh huh. Meanwhile, the memo circulating in DC since last week regarding the potential abuses of FISA has yet to be leaked. With the leaks and anonymous sourcing that have been the staple of journalism this last year and a half, I have to wonder why we haven't heard about the content of this memo. Could it be that the content of the memo just doesn't fit the narrative of "collusion"?

We'll see.
I'd say it's more likely that responsible journalists (i.e., the MSM (and not Fox, Breitbart, InfoWars, NewsMax, Washington Examiner, talk radio, etc.)) realize that it has no credibility and was contrived by Nunes, the midnight rider, to provide cover for Trump and his minions.

A source with knowledge of the memo told Business Insider that it was "a level of irresponsible stupidity that I cannot fathom," adding that it "purposefully misconstrues facts and leaves out important details."

Old 01-22-2018, 12:36 PM

Anything authored by Nunes is highly suspect. He’s a Trumpie through and through, who will go to any length to protect his Dear Leader. Small wonder Whell is taken in by his flimflam.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'd say it's more likely that responsible journalists (i.e., the MSM (and not Fox, Breitbart, InfoWars, NewsMax, Washington Examiner, talk radio, etc.)) realize that it has no credibility and was contrived by Nunes, the midnight rider, to provide cover for Trump and his minions.

A source with knowledge of the memo told Business Insider that it was "a level of irresponsible stupidity that I cannot fathom," adding that it "purposefully misconstrues facts and leaves out important details."

Hey look! Another quote from an anonymous source.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Anything authored by Nunes is highly suspect. He’s a Trumpie through and through, who will go to any length to protect his Dear Leader. Small wonder Whell is taken in by his flimflam.
The small wonder is that you take yourself seriously.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:12 PM

Pence: Allegations of Trump affair with adult-film star are 'baseless'
Quote:
Vice President Pence on Monday dismissed allegations that President Trump had an extramarital affair with an adult-film star as “baseless.”
But then to refute him, Storming is storming the Titty Bar circuit it seems.
Stormy Daniels, star of the latest Trump sideshow, takes her act to a strip club
Quote:
"I'm an old grandfather, and I seized an opportunity," said Jay Levy, the owner of the Trophy Club. "I'm a liberal. I'm a big-time liberal. ... I'm not here for the scandal. I'm here to make money off the biggest name in adult entertainment this week. Next week it's liable to be someone else."
If there is money in it, it must be true eh?

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbyi...r-are-baseless

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...121-story.html
Old 01-22-2018, 04:51 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Hey look! Another quote from an anonymous source.
Why does your Trump errand boy Nunes refuse to have a bipartisan hearing on his concerns or allow the FBI to see his charges against them? This is now his second effort to provide cover for his (and your) Dear Leader. It's obvious to anyone with half a brain (and that seems to exclude you).
Old 01-25-2018, 03:55 PM

Quote:

We'll see.
Yes, we’ll see.

From one of the few remaining conservative commentators with a conscience, Jennifer Rubin:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ss-republican/

The Justice Department stands up to a reckless Republican

Nunes’s deliberate interference with a criminal and counterintelligence investigation, potential release of classified information and attempts to maliciously discredit the FBI should not be tolerated — especially coming from the Intelligence Committee chairman, who is supposed to be above partisan politics and is entrusted with the nation’s secrets. Nunes is now complicit in the ongoing obstruction of the investigation. While he may be safe from prosecution because of the “speech and debate” clause, he remains a walking advertisement for ousting Republicans from the majority. When neither the Intel Committee chairman nor the House speaker is looking for the truth and seeking to protect the American people from foreign threats, it’s time for them and their fellow Republicans to go.