Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:14 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
With hundreds of lawsuits the Dotard has been involved in, it's a shame that he does not understand legalese better. Mueller has only indicated that Trump is not a target of their investigations, while everyone around him is being investigated about their connections to Trump and all things Russia.

What a moron!
"It's just a complete nightmare for his lawyers," said Ken White, a former federal corruption prosecutor based in Los Angeles. "The problem isn't just what he specifically admits in these statements. It's constantly generating inconsistent statements about issues that are going to be litigated, and that's what he has been doing."

"For his lawyers, it must be like watching your toddler play in traffic,"
White said. "You've got a client completely out of control."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ecutors-555793
Old 04-27-2018, 12:20 AM

A close friend confided that her brother's small but very sought after DC law firm turned down the Dotard. Her bro clerked for Sandra Day O'Connor, has argued cases before the Supreme Court at least 25 times. They don't need the Dotard's business, or his baggage.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:31 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

A significant business partner of Michael D. Cohen, President Trump’s personal lawyer, has quietly agreed to cooperate with the government as a potential witness, a development that could be used as leverage to pressure Mr. Cohen to work with the special counsel examining Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

Under the agreement, the partner, Evgeny A. Freidman, a Russian immigrant who is known as the Taxi King, will avoid jail time, and will assist government prosecutors in state or federal investigations, according to a person briefed on the matter.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/22/n...operation.html
Old 05-22-2018, 05:37 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
A significant business partner of Michael D. Cohen, President Trump’s personal lawyer, has quietly agreed to cooperate with the government as a potential witness, a development that could be used as leverage to pressure Mr. Cohen to work with the special counsel examining Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

Under the agreement, the partner, Evgeny A. Freidman, a Russian immigrant who is known as the Taxi King, will avoid jail time, and will assist government prosecutors in state or federal investigations, according to a person briefed on the matter.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/22/n...operation.html
Inexorably, Bob Mueller gathers up the trash and wrings it dry. By the time he's finished, every Trumpy who's broken the law will either be squealing in court or doing laundry in the big house. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:09 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Inexorably, Bob Mueller gathers up the trash and wrings it dry. By the time he's finished, every Trumpy who's broken the law will either be squealing in court or doing laundry in the big house. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.
Friedman got off with 5 years probation when he was facing life in prison. He must have some pretty juicy stuff to offer. Of course, whatever he provides will be characterized by Whell as innuendo, fake news and/or some sort of conspiracy.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:05 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Friedman got off with 5 years probation when he was facing life in prison. He must have some pretty juicy stuff to offer. Of course, whatever he provides will be characterized by Whell as innuendo, fake news and/or some sort of conspiracy.
It's a 'Vast Lefty conspiracy', I tell you. I'm having some nifty decoder rings made up and we're devising a secret handshake.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:33 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

In an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos posted Monday morning, Trump's former lawyer and fixer sent his clearest signal to date that he is prepared to flip on Trump. But while there have certainly been others recently, this one came from the horse's mouth.

“Once I understand what charges might be filed against me, if any at all, I will defer to my new counsel, Guy Petrillo, for guidance,” Cohen said.

Pressed on his past commentary about being willing to do anything for Trump, Cohen again hinted at flipping: “To be crystal clear, my wife, my daughter and my son, and this country have my first loyalty.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...l-flip-on-you/

Last edited by finnbow; 07-02-2018 at 07:40 AM.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:04 PM

This may be the biggest shoe to drop from the Trump-Michael Cohen tape

Drip, drip, drip...............
Quote:
by Aaron Blake July 26 at 4:35 PM Email the author

Longtime Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg has been subpoenaed, the Wall Street Journal reports. That should come as little surprise; he was invoked twice in Michael Cohen's taped conversation with President Trump about buying the rights to former Playboy model Karen McDougal's story.

“I’ve spoken to Allen about how to set the whole thing up," Cohen says on the September 2016 recording. He adds: “I spoke to Allen about it, when it comes time for the financing. ...”

But that doesn't mean it's not a potentially huge moment. More than anything — more than whether Trump proposed paying cash for McDougal's story or warned against it — this could be what matters on that tape.
Weisselberg . . . has worked for the Trump family since the 1970s, and knows more about the Trump Organization’s history and finances than nearly anyone. Almost 71 years old, he joined the company after graduating from college and worked for the president’s father, Fred, as an accountant. He has since become the Trump Organization’s chief financial officer and one of the president’s closest business confidants (alongside Jason Greenblatt, who was Trump’s in-house legal counsel before the president named him as a special diplomatic envoy to the Middle East).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...el-cohen-tape/
Old 07-27-2018, 12:58 PM

Old 08-07-2018, 02:18 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Michael Cohen Being Investigated for Tax Fraud

The legal pressures facing Michael Cohen are growing in a wide-ranging investigation of his personal business affairs and his work on behalf of his former client, President Trump.

In previously unreported developments, federal prosecutors in New York are examining whether Mr. Cohen committed tax fraud, people familiar with the investigation said.

Federal authorities are assessing whether Mr. Cohen’s income from his taxi-medallion business was underreported in federal tax returns, one of the people said. That income included hundreds of thousands of dollars received in cash and other payments over the last five years, the person said.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/former-...aud-1533658535