Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-02-2018, 02:18 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
This thread was meant to be cheerful, and I am certain many have cheered her decision (or is it a non-decision?), but obviously directed at the wrong audience. Fact remains H--> lost.
My comment was not directed at any one 'side,' now was it?
Old 01-02-2018, 02:47 PM
Mutated Member

Is it that important to guess who will lose to Donald Trump?
Old 01-02-2018, 02:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
The Repubs who joined Clinton on NAFTA were brown? The Dems who supported NAFTA were brown?
Trump voters think Nafta is a laundry detergent.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Trump voters think Nafta is a laundry detergent.
Nope.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/09/politi...ses/index.html

Trump's improbable win on Tuesday was driven in large part by his triumph in the Rust Belt, with states like Wisconsin and Pennsylvania going to the GOP for the first time since the 1980s, and Trump leading in a third, Michigan. He inspired voters there with a populist message on free trade, promising to return their communities to the golden years by scrapping what he described as horrible deals for workers.

The two deals in question, the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), gave Trump an opening with Rust Belt voters -- and proved to be a political weak spot for Clinton. She came out against TPP, which is opposed by many Democrats, after previously describing the measure as a "gold standard" -- a shift for which Trump took credit. And Clinton's position on NAFTA, which was signed into law by her husband former President Bill Clinton, was difficult to pin down.

In contrast, Trump has been resolute in his opposition to both. He has vowed to renegotiate the terms of NAFTA with Mexico and Canada, leaving open the possibility of pulling out entirely, and has said he will not approve TPP as president.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Nope.
Yep.

Blah...blah...blah. Yeh sure, rust belt white trumpers were thinking about NAFTA when they walked into the polling place. Southern white trumpers were thinking about NAFTA when they walked into the polling place. My ass.

White rust belt trumpers were thinking about Trump being the man to make American white again when they walked into the polling place on November 8, 2016.

So somebody at CNN thinks his election was all about NAFTA. CNN...FAKE NEWS!!!! BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAHAHAH!!!

PS - NAFTA was bad?

Quote:
From an economic perspective, NAFTA is a success. Without it, the United States would not be as strong a competitor with the European Union or China. That's critical now that both of these trade areas rank above the United States as the world's largest economies.

The increased trade was sorely needed after the 2008 financial crisis. Even more people would be unemployed without NAFTA.
Anybody who voted for Trump because of NAFTA is as fucked up as the bigots who wanted their white America back.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 01-02-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:14 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
... A lot of this happened around the country while H--> was getting the WH measured for new drapes...
Didn't she already have the measurements?
Old 01-02-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Didn't she already have the measurements?
Not in metric.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:04 AM

Quote:
This thread was meant to be cheerful, and I am certain many have cheered her decision (or is it a non-decision?), but obviously directed at the wrong audience. Fact remains H--> lost.
We all lost, some of us don't realize that or won't admit it, the rest are all "horray for me, fuck you".
Old 01-03-2018, 09:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I refused to vote for Hillary because I wanted to vote for the "Jew soci@list" and that horrible woman got in the damned way. So, I wasted my vote on that idiot Johnson just because he wasn't Trump.

My point is, Ike, that you need to stop assuming that everyone who doesn't share your views is a fucking anti-Semite. It simply isn't true. Some of us, me for one, don't give two shits what another persons religious beliefs are so long as they don't try to use the force of government to shove them down our throats like the assholes across the aisle are doing.
As I posted in another thread today...

It's a culture war. Those hesitating are no different from Trump voters. It's the southern, and rust belt, and western cowboy bigot whites who want their country white again vs. the niggers, spics, wetbacks, kikes, and reasonable white progressives on the coasts and in Illinois.

I understand that I may often be rancid butter, man...but I'm still on your side of the bread. But the fact remains that a vote cast on 11/8/16 for anybody but Clinton constituted voting with the bigots. Whether intended or not. Sometimes a "conscientious" vote or a "conscientious" refusal to vote is as bad as a vote for the criminals.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:17 PM

Al Gore ---> Hillary Clinton.
Both clutched defeat from jaws of victory.
The handwriting was on the wall, blaming those who did not support Hillary is asinine.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.", George Santayana.