Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:24 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex e. View Post
sounds like dave "stood his ground". You should be foaming at the mouth in support, sister jj

:d

bam!!!
Old 10-29-2013, 10:36 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Yeah, but mine was just a fantasy.

I'd be in deep shit if I acted it out.

Blue Streak on the other hand might have a future as a canine hit-man.

With all the obnoxious dogs around, I'm sure there would be a demand.
I love dogs.

And, honestly, I felt bad that this jerk had trained them to be nasty. Otherwise, they would have lived long, happy lives, his family would have had them longer, none of my neighbors would have had to live in fear and I wouldn't have had to live with feeling bad about having to do what I did.

But, enough psychotic BS is enough psychotic BS. The longer people wasted their time complaining to both him and the city, the worse it got. The lunatic thought it was cool that people feared his dogs. What can you do with that?

Dave
Old 10-29-2013, 10:53 PM
Admin

Hi Dave, Have you given any thought to getting another pup? You know that Sadie would want you to. Do it, man. Hit the shelters.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:12 PM
Area Man

Man.....I dunno. It's also nice to not have any messes to clean-up, no vet bills..............

But, I do miss them.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:28 PM
Admin

When you're ready man. When you're ready.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:34 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
If you're justified in using force, you're justified in avoiding getting whacked back for doing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
Sounds like Dave "Stood his ground". You should be foaming at the mouth in support, sister jj

I must admit that I'm a little biased. Several years ago I lost two dogs due to poisoning with antifreeze. They were not vicious dogs in any stretch of the imagination. One was a Golden Retriever about 10 years old and the other was a Shepard + ? mix about a year old. Several of my neighbors lost dogs at the same time, the same way. It turns out that there were a couple of guys casing the area and killing the dogs so they could break in without the dogs alerting. I had to watch the Golden shiver and shake and puke as he passed away. I found the other a day later in the woods near my house. I'm still pissed about it.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
I must admit that I'm a little biased. Several years ago I lost two dogs due to poisoning with antifreeze. They were not vicious dogs in any stretch of the imagination. One was a Golden Retriever about 10 years old and the other was a Shepard + ? mix about a year old. Several of my neighbors lost dogs at the same time, the same way. It turns out that there were a couple of guys casing the area and killing the dogs so they could break in without the dogs alerting. I had to watch the Golden shiver and shake and puke as he passed away. I found the other a day later in the woods near my house. I'm still pissed about it.
When I was a kid, someone poisoned my rat terrier...pretty much the same outcome.

I'm still pissed about that as well.

Chas
Old 10-30-2013, 06:54 AM
Resident octogenarian

Had a mixed breed pup, son of the female we had poisoned. I pretty well knew who did and if I had not been just twelve I would have whupped his ass. There may be lower life forms but I can't think of any.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:07 AM
Ready

I've heard tell of burglars who used a laser to blind the dog on the premises. The phrase 'lowlife scum' comes to mind.

I've spoken in defense of dog poisoning only in a specific circumstance. Absent such circumstances, it is of course a sickening crime,
Old 10-30-2013, 08:11 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

The last Pitbull I met, a beautiful brindle bitch, 'Melleena', was a gentle soul. In spite of her owner who would pull at the leash if you tried to pet her saying "Be careful! she's a pit!' acting like she was tough

People are afraid of Rotts too. Heck the last dog I owned, a smallish 50 lb +/- shar pei, scared the crap out of a lot of people. He wasn't mean, he just talked by growling and was, um, forward.

One day I hear a yell, look out my back sliding doors, there's a big lineman with tool belt etc high tailing it through the backyard with my little dog chasing him Still cracks me up to this day.

Pete