Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Would "Jewish Nazi" be an improvement?
FWIW, the term "Uncle Tom" is a shameful gross misappropriation of a heroic litarary figure.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Whell probably prefers race traitor.

You're right, Steve. The actual character of Uncle Tom is nothing like the people he has come to symbolize. How that came to be, whether through ignorance or a willful editing of the story is something we may never know.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:02 PM

Justice Oreo works for me, it is as accurate as it can get. Black people who make it big from social hand-ups (handouts to Republicans) then turn their backs on everything that allowed them to be who he is and the others of his kind (disadvantaged) make me sick.

He should pay back every last penny and go away.

Carl

Last edited by CarlV; 03-17-2016 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:02 PM

Uncle Tom was successful in turning the other cheek, and maintaining his personal dignity in a time were it was impossible for others to do so, understandably.

The fact that whell finds it so distasteful is quite humorous, as he finds himself sitting on the horns of a dilemma of his party's making.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
The fact that whell finds it so distasteful is quite humorous, as he finds himself sitting on the horns of a dilemma of his party's making.
It's tactical. Whell can't find an honest rebuttal to what I said so he nit picks the way I said it. It's a rookie debate tactic.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:43 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Old 03-29-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
This cartoon about sums up my feelings with our polarized politics. In the context of Judge Garland's nomination, it appears to me that President Obama produced a solid nominee. Of course there are a lot of people that know more about the hair splitting than I, but what I like about Judge Garland is that he participated in the aftermath of the Oklahoma City bombing. People learn things when they have to clean up after someone else. They learn what frustration feels like.

As I review the motivation behind the Oklahoma City bombing I can not help but notice how loudly Timothy McVeigh amplified his anger over two relatively small issues in our historical context, namely Ruby Ridge and Waco. A young Merrick Garland had to help clean up that big mess.

The unfortunate reality is that not much has changed since then in the way we think about the United States. We seem to think that the US has room for everyone that dreams of making big mistakes.

Perhaps the bigger truth is that foreigners are frustrated with our excess of big mistakes. We impact the earth that we share with them. We are to them what little Waco and Ruby Ridge were to Timothy McVeigh. And there are millions of them.

If I had the opportunity to vote for someone that knows what jurisprudence can help mitigate the effects of such frustration then I would cast my vote quickly. For Merrick Garland.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
This cartoon about sums up my feelings with our polarized politics. In the context of Judge Garland's nomination, it appears to me that President Obama produced a solid nominee. Of course there are a lot of people that know more about the hair splitting than I, but what I like about Judge Garland is that he participated in the aftermath of the Oklahoma City bombing. People learn things when they have to clean up after someone else. They learn what frustration feels like.

As I review the motivation behind the Oklahoma City bombing I can not help but notice how loudly Timothy McVeigh amplified his anger over two relatively small issues in our historical context, namely Ruby Ridge and Waco. A young Merrick Garland had to help clean up that big mess.

The unfortunate reality is that not much has changed since then in the way we think about the United States. We seem to think that the US has room for everyone that dreams of making big mistakes.

Perhaps the bigger truth is that foreigners are frustrated with our excess of big mistakes. We impact the earth that we share with them. We are to them what little Waco and Ruby Ridge were to Timothy McVeigh. And there are millions of them.

If I had the opportunity to vote for someone that knows what jurisprudence can help mitigate the effects of such frustration then I would cast my vote quickly. For Merrick Garland.
McVeigh was motivated by a helluva lot more than Ruby Ridge and the Branch Davidian siege.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Turner_Diaries

And we don't really know what Judge Garland took from his experience in Oklahoma City.

Last edited by Boreas; 03-29-2016 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
McVeigh was motivated by a helluva lot more than Ruby Ridge and the Branch Davidian siege.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Turner_Diaries

And we don't really know what Judge Garland took from his experience in Oklahoma City.
Given.

What error of my writing would you like to amplify and carry forward?
Old 03-29-2016, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
Given.

What error of my writing would you like to amplify and carry forward?
Well, I guess I'd like you to develop some of the ideas you touched on in the OP.

For instance, What do you think Judge Garland learned from his involvement in Oklahoma City, how did he come to learn it and why do you admire him for having learned it?

Why do you attach more significance to two "relatively small issues", Waco and Ruby Ridge, than you do to his earlier white supremacist activities and to his "missionary work" selling copies of The Turner Diaries at gun shows around the country, advocating for a global race war?

What, specifically do you mean by "not too much has changed" in the years since Oklahoma City.

Why do you think that the US is happy to accommodate people who wish to wreak havoc on our society.

Why do you describe these acts of terror and violence, both McVeigh's and America's, as mere mistakes?

I guess that'll do for now.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:18 PM
Admin

'How We Can Sort Out This Supreme Court Mess'
"qui tacet consentire"

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...tion-solution/