Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-30-2023, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'm more interested in who placed the two bombs outside of both National Committee headquarters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Another very serious matter.
Had the explosives detonated each party would have been pointing fingers at the other. As they say in mysteries, who benefits the most? Someone that wishes both sides remain hostile to each other but who?
Something else was afoot. Something other than the mob sic'd on the House members at the Capitol.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:02 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Had the explosives detonated each party would have been pointing fingers at the other. As they say in mysteries, who benefits the most? Someone that wishes both sides remain hostile to each other but who?
Something else was afoot. Something other than the mob sic'd on the House members at the Capitol.
Unclear. What is clear is that the MAGA bunch hates the "establishment" and the two national committees definitely represent what they consider to be the "establishment."
Old 12-30-2023, 12:07 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Don't necessarily think the game was that deep. These guys aren't as clever as they think they are, and are biased toward violence. Distraction and confusion were the main ideas here I think. Tie up police assets and muddy the narrative about who was behind it.
Old 12-30-2023, 12:28 PM

With Trump getting booted out in both Colorado and Maine, the SCOTUS needs to hand down a ruling on the following.

1. Was the second impeachment of Trump for causing an insurrection and found not guilty legally the last word? An impeachment is a political action, not a judicial one so I do not see how this will pass muster. But McConnel thought otherwise.

2. Do presidents have absolute immunity, which amounts to unlimited power? And if so, can't they pardon themselves to avoid any legal culpability?

Perhaps an oversimplification, but that's the way I see it.

And as Ricky has mentioned, a favorable decision in either for Trump will then grant the same power to Biden. If they do, I will advise Biden to dissolve the SCOTUS first. In an autocracy, who needs them.
Old 12-30-2023, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
With Trump getting booted out in both Colorado and Maine, the SCOTUS needs to hand down a ruling on the following.

1. Was the second impeachment of Trump for causing an insurrection and found not guilty legally the last word? An impeachment is a political action, not a judicial one so I do not see how this will pass muster. But McConnel thought otherwise.

2. Do presidents have absolute immunity, which amounts to unlimited power? And if so, can't they pardon themselves to avoid any legal culpability?

Perhaps an oversimplification, but that's the way I see it.

And as Ricky has mentioned, a favorable decision in either for Trump will then grant the same power to Biden. If they do, I will advise Biden to dissolve the SCOTUS first. In an autocracy, who needs them.
Sounds like a plan
Old 01-03-2024, 11:55 PM

Anyone else notice that none of Donny's enablers will say he's not guilty of an insurrection just that he shouldn't be removed from any states ballots because of it.
Old 01-04-2024, 05:35 AM

How would the arguments go if Obama was to announce he is running again?
The 14th amendment verses the 22nd.....

One is overlooked what of the other?