Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-16-2023, 09:20 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
An overly absolutist conclusion. Even if some elements of corporate hustle are indeed present in vaccine marketing, that does not make vaccine deployment "just" corporate hustle. Beneficial public health benefits seem also to be evident. Things often aren't pure in the world, multiple motives are at play.
It's a suspicion not a conclusion.
Old 10-16-2023, 09:49 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
I am offering a possible non political reason.
Why?

The reasons of a vaccine refuser probably are not pure either.
Old 10-16-2023, 10:43 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I am offering a possible non political reason.
Given that anti-vaxx sentiment is largely political, why bother?
Old 10-17-2023, 09:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
An overly absolutist conclusion. Even if some elements of corporate hustle are indeed present in vaccine marketing, that does not make vaccine deployment "just" corporate hustle. Beneficial public health benefits seem also to be evident. Things often aren't pure in the world, multiple motives are at play.
Dondi the communist. Who knew?
Old 10-17-2023, 09:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
It's a suspicion not a conclusion.
It's neither...it's propaganda.
Old 10-17-2023, 10:00 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Dondi the communist. Who knew?
He is an unapologetic Putin fanboy, after all, not that Putin is still a communist.
Old 10-17-2023, 12:28 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Why?
I am reacting to Rajoo post#17 in which he posited that he had a gut feeling that his close friend's refusal to take boosters was political. I was suggesting that there might be other reasons for his friend's behavior that are not political...such as a suspicion of corporate hustling.

Now can one point to any egregious example of corporate hustling relating to the medical industry? Yes, one can.

PURDUE PHARMA and the SACKLERS reached a 6 billion dollar deal with the state attorneys general.

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/03/10841...and%20programs.
Old 10-17-2023, 01:07 PM
Jigsawed

I have what I regard as a healthy reservation for the medical industry. This is based on personal experience. My wife used to take the drug Actos. One day I noticed on the tv pronouncements by lawyers relating to said drug. My wife consulted her doctor who told her to stop taking the drug because it's dangerous. WFT. He knew that! Anyhow she continued to see him because she had total confidence in anyone with the title doctor.

Actos is now banned in Germany, France, and India.
In USA Big Pharma went all out in defense of Actos.
Old 10-20-2023, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I read that for us old(er) farts, the best time to get all vaxxed up would be mid to late October. YMMV.
My wifes doc said same , she got hers last week Im guessing I will go next week
Old 10-25-2023, 07:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
I have what I regard as a healthy reservation for the medical industry. This is based on personal experience. My wife used to take the drug Actos. One day I noticed on the tv pronouncements by lawyers relating to said drug. My wife consulted her doctor who told her to stop taking the drug because it's dangerous. WFT. He knew that! Anyhow she continued to see him because she had total confidence in anyone with the title doctor.

Actos is now banned in Germany, France, and India.
In USA Big Pharma went all out in defense of Actos.
Actos has been identified as a possible cause of bladder cancer in type 2 diabetes patients who require a high dosage and who require long term medication therapy. For those for whom other medications may not be working effectively, it is still prescribed here. There are lots of meds that require significant continuous medical observation for dangerous side effects. Some patients take Actos because other type 2 diabetes meds aren't effective and they don't want their diabetes to kill them.

You're so black and white. If a doctor fucked up because your wife has type 1 diabetes or is a cancer survivor, or has other contra-indications, change doctors...but under good medical supervision, Actos is an effective medication for type 2 diabetes.

Maybe the French and German governments are concerned that too many physicians are lousy physicians who can't be trusted. So let's blame the pharmaceutical companies.

There are problems with big pharma in this country...created by Republican deregulation in government. Pharmaceutical companies do well in Europe even though pricing is controlled and pharmaceutical company policies are frequently evaluated by the single payer healthcare systems. Republicans don't want any of that interference with the pharmaceutical industry because Republicans don't want to be seen as anti-business.

Republicans are fucked up assholes all the way around.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 10-25-2023 at 07:58 AM.