Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:24 AM
Area Man

Really? I wish someone had told me of my elite standing much sooner. I sure as hell wouldn't still be turning a wrench, you can bet your ass on that.

I'm part of "the ruling class" because I've seen how easily people are manipulated with quasi-religious flagwaiving horseshit, lying amateur historians feeding them loads of crap and convincing them that they "Hate America" if they don't follow the flock, propagandists scaring them with visions of Gestapo stormtroopers kicking their doors in...................

Please. Go "Teabag for Jesus" and spare me your BS.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 10-29-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:29 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Really? I wish someone had told me of my elite standing much sooner. I sure as hell wouldn't still be turning a wrench, you can bet your ass on that.

I'm part of "the ruling class" because I've seen how easily people are manipulated with quasi-religious flagwaiving horseshit, lying amateur historians feeding them loads of crap and convincing them that they "Hate America" if they don't follow the flock, propagandists scaring them with visions of Gestapo stormtroopers kicking their doors in...................

Please. Go "Teabag for Jesus" and spare me your BS.

Dave
I found out that I am also a member of the 'elite' when I took one of those tests, the only question I could answer in the affirmative was"Did you ever live in a town of less than 25,000 population". Heck on a good summer day it probably hit 1500.

I did not know the name of some NASCR driver, well whoopee shit, other questions of a similar ilk. Gee, are the only two choices elite or redneck? How about a conservative free thinker with as Poirot would say some of those 'little grey cells'.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
My company seems to have missed out on the stimulus money gravy train you mention, as have most. ....
Us too here. But interestingly, a company near me, that has hosted a number of bigwig Dems, had the stimulous buy it a great deal of expensive new equipment.

I guess business is good if they're Democrats. Change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
The grass isn't always greener. I'd rather be working on cars than dealing with 1/2 the lunkheads I do.

Pete
Old 10-29-2010, 08:22 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Us too here. But interestingly, a company near me, that has hosted a number of bigwig Dems, had the stimulous buy it a great deal of expensive new equipment.

I guess business is good if they're Democrats. Change!

Pete
What exactly is it that your two firms do, could they have actually do something useful with more more, useful in the country's sake that is.

Last edited by merrylander; 10-29-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:14 AM
Area Man

If my company were given any stimulus money, they'd go out and buy a yacht for upper management to go deep sea fishing on. And then claim they have no money for maintenance.

I had an interesting conversation with one of the supervisors yesterday.
"We now have a President, COO, CFO, Senior Vice President, Seven, count'em, SEVEN Vice Presidents, four Directors who used to be managers, four new managers to replace the ones who are now directors, an "Efficiency Director" who has a "Six-Sigma Blackbelt Efficiency expert" and two assistants working for him, a total of twelve supervisors and that's just the manufacturing side. We also have a Director of Human resources, a Human Resources Manager and an assitant for each. Then there's accounting........
We have a grand total of 150 hourly emloyees, nation wide."

Dave