Old 05-06-2013, 11:18 AM

Salvaged American Cars Selling In Afghanistan

interesting article

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-fg-af...1767.htmlstory
Old 05-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Admin

Loved the comments section.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:54 PM

I guess to the rest of the world we just throw away stuff the average person in the developing nations dream of owning. NO one would buy a salvaged car here ( i guess anyway...I could be wrong)
Old 05-06-2013, 07:58 PM

oh too much regulation in the USA on cars I see....we all know how bad regulation is...just go to Bangladesh and ask them what they think of government regulation
Old 05-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Admin

Yep. There's a whole cottage industry of trolling so called liberal newspapers online. The Washington Post has a whole raft of wingnut troll idjits commenting on stories there. I poke 'em with a stick every now & then...
Old 09-17-2013, 10:18 AM

oh hell salvage cars are totally illegal here in florida. mostly cause of greedy insurance company ripoff artists. if a car is over 10 years old, with most of them, even a small ding or dent the car will be declared "totaled" and the insurance company will write you a check for about half of what its worth and call it a day. they are issued a "certificate of destruction" even though a lot of cars ive seen with this little slip of paper are anything but. ive seen this a lot in junk yards, these days im a proud owner of a 20 year old Lexus Ls400 -told you guys id get another one someday and its in very very good condition but it isn't perfect. so im always trolling the junkyards looking for things I may need for my car, or cosmetic things that im missing. its pretty heartbreaking to see cars nicer than mine with a little dent on the door being stripped cause they were rendered "destroyed" oh and you can buy a "destroyed" car at auction, perfectly running/driving but its illegal to fix it and put it back on the road.