Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Admin

Drone exports

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,3539035.story

More crazy, crazy business decisions. If they want to sell these killer robots to everyone I want my own personal anti-drone system. We are headed down the road to the worst of the sci-fi novels. How long will it be before automonous weapon systems eventually decide that humans are the real threat? Yeah, it sounds like crazy tin foil hat stuff but where does all of this extremely warlike behaviour end? I'm no luddite but the direction where we are taking technology is counterproductive unless bodycounts are what is deemed productive these days.
Matrix or Terminator anyone?
Old 07-01-2012, 09:33 AM

We're selling them to our own increasingly militarized police too.

Also, we're beginning to find out that these drones are hackable.

Freaking great news, huh?!

John
Old 07-01-2012, 09:34 AM

Here once again the vast military industrial complex is needing to be fed. There is a push to allow private citizens and corporations in the US to own and operate Drones. I think the police already have permission now. Some of the Drones in the pipeline can stay up for a year on station and are solar powered.

I like the US is so willing to give away our technological edge so freely to other countries. So they can make them cheaper without doing their own R&D.

Barney
Old 07-01-2012, 10:10 AM

Yup, This is very scary and should have all Obama admin supports (and everyone else) asking WHY?

"Rep. Howard L. Berman(D-Los Angeles), ranking Democrat on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said the Obama administration has begun an initiative to change export rules that will roll back many of the restrictions on the way technology is sold to foreign countries."
Old 07-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

We are super advanced tech wise, moreso than most of us realize. We've been using drones for years now. I suspect we are only selling old tech and probably have trojans installed in them.

To prevent reproduction lol.

Insect sized flying robots for both killing and spying shortly, no doubt. We'll truly love big brother.

Pete
Old 07-02-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
We are super advanced tech wise, moreso than most of us realize. We've been using drones for years now. I suspect we are only selling old tech and probably have trojans installed in them.
Don't know about the "Trojans" but I suppose you could call AK-47s and Silkworms old tech.

Quote:
Insect sized flying robots for both killing and spying shortly, no doubt. We'll truly love big brother.
Already have them.

John