Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Our freedom to get shnackered and hire the hottest beer goggle prostitues?

Pete
Old 12-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combwork View Post
Is there still a treaty obliging the USA to help South Korea if North Korea invades? North Korea claims that the South belongs to them anyway. With the US economy in the state it's in and troops just pulled home from Iraq I can't see Obama or anyone else wanting to put troops into South Korea. If the new Dear Leader thinks about it, he might come to the conclusion that now would be a good time to invade.

I don't know if US air bases exist in South Korea but if they do, are there enough planes there to mount a defense? Would moving a carrier group in be a practical alternative?

NK's nukes seem to be fairly primitive but primitive or not I wouldn't want to rely on them not being used.

Oh Well. It's time I got back to work...................
The South Koreans are technologically advanced society. They have the man power. They should by now be able to defend themselves. The Korea war was in the fifties......enough time to prepare. They should not need one US soldier.

Why do we still have 28,000 troops in Korea?
Old 12-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

China?

Pete
Old 12-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
China?

Pete
28.000 is meaningless against the Chinese. What is needed is missile shield. And we do not need so many troops on land for that. Naval power......subs and carrier groups can complete the circle.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I've often wondered my we have so many troops in this or that place (Germany??). I assume the JCS knows what they're doing, and there's probably political issues we don't know too.

Just talking, what do I know? We sure can't build a missile shield, the left hates it.

Pete
Old 12-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Resident octogenarian

We don't hate it, just all the money they have pissed away for nowt on dumbass things like 'Brilliant Pebbles" and flying 'Laser Guns'. Yugo could have done a better job.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Hey now, smart rocks are the wave of the future. A very very scary future.

I thought the left was worried that we'd have hedgemony again?

Pete
Old 12-21-2011, 04:37 PM

Missle shield? To protect ourselves against China? Is it time to dream up another cold war adversary now?How is it that everybody on the planet doesn't yet know that China has become the strongest, biggest economy in the world, and that they could bring the US to it's knees quick in a hurry with a margin call on our massive debt load, which they now own? Unlike us, they didn't bankrupt themselves by building and maintaining a mega military to go cavorting around the planet interfering with everyone elses business.

In other words, they were smart.

Meet the new boss.

Last edited by neophyte; 12-21-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by neophyte View Post
Missle shield? To protect ourselves against China? Is it time to dream up another cold war adversary now?How is it that everybody on the planet doesn't yet know that China has become the strongest, biggest economy in the world, and that they could bring the US to it's knees quick in a hurry with a margin call on our massive debt load, which they now own? Unlike us, they didn't bankrupt themselves by building and maintaining a mega military to go cavorting around the planet interfering with everyone elses business.

Meet the new boss.
Strongest, biggest economy??????

They are really in a bad position if they hold so much of our debt.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by neophyte View Post

Meet the new boss.
I don't think that China is completely free of imperialist ambitions. It has its client-states.

I also gather that China spends a similar proportion of it's economy on building up it's military. It's just that they don't waste that much of the wealth of the country on things like paying wages sufficient to expand the middle class. From what I have seen, China's foray into capitalism has created its own wealth gap. A class of very rich is developing much faster than the middle class.

The low wage scale in China has contributed to the growing wealth gap and shrinking middle class in the United States as well. The multinationals headquartered here love the idea of a suppressed wage scale. The recession couldn't have come at a better time for that aim.

Regards,

D-Ray