Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:49 AM
Admin

Thumbs up My Kind Of Democrat

http://www.latimes.com/local/politic...#axzz2wI19ZBKo

"SACRAMENTO -- Democratic Gov.Jerry Brown gave a rousing pro-worker speech to a ballroom filled with union representatives Monday night, thanking organized labor for helping pass his vote-approved tax hike in 2012 and worker's compensation reform and vowing to be “around for the next five years.’’
Brown, who is running for a unprecedented fourth term, also took a few shots at Republicans in what had the tone of a red-meat campaign speech, complete with a list of his accomplishments over the last three years and a warning of the work that lies ahead.
“Relative to what’s just and what we want, we’re not there yet. Not even close,’’ Brown told members of the California Labor Federation and State Building and Construction Trades Council of California. “But if we compare ourselves to Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Ohio, we look pretty damn good.”
The labor conference was held at the Sheraton Grand hotel in Sacramento, a few blocks from the Capitol, and so many Democratic lawmakers attended Monday night’s dinner that it took more than five minutes for them to be introduced.
Art Pulaski, the Labor Federation’s executive secretary-treasurer, called Brown a champion of labor, saying that the governor signed nearly 40 “pro-worker” bills this term, including a raise in the minimum wage and workplace protections to warehouse workers, domestic workers and immigrants."

Give 'em hell Jerry!

Last edited by bobabode; 03-18-2014 at 01:23 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:16 AM
Banned

We lived in West Hollywood at the beginning of Jerry's first stint as Gov. I always liked Jerry a lot.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:43 AM

Yep, almost as great as his Dad was. It really is too bad Pat Brown got voted out for some dumbass actor who had no clue about much of anything.

Carl