Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-13-2021, 08:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Floriduh Man speaks.
Florida has the best schools and the best educated population in America.

If it bothers you, don't come down here. Right now, most of the country is coming down here to get away from the cold. People are moving down here to get away from idiot Democrat politicians in rust bowl states.

We have the best governor in the country. We have the best economy.

(Note to woke snowflakes: Disagreement with your cherished extremist left wing views does not rise to the level of troll. You need to grow up.)
Old 02-13-2021, 08:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
It has been sorta' boring around here without someone of the troll persuasion around
Do you define someone who disagrees with a Woke Cancel Culture Snowflake as a troll? Is that your program? The politics of the Safe Space?
Old 02-13-2021, 08:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleAng View Post
You're trying too hard. In Canada they're called 'First Nations'.. is that more apropos?
(In the life of a Florida substitute teacher, sometimes third and fourth graders make such detours in illogic. They have an excuse. They don't know any better. I have to admit, this is a bit more eye opening.)

The term "Native American" is a lie. If you wish to call them Native Canadians, then you have to make the case that they created the Canadian political system and were the original founding fathers.

History says otherwise. Indians migrated to the New World centuries before the white Europeans discovered it.

In America, there is a government office called the "Bureau of Indian Affairs." It isn't called Bureau of Native American Affairs. Most Indians prefer to be called Indians, rather than Native Americans.

Nobody disputes that many tribes were shoved off their land with the United States westward expansion. Nobody disputes the sheer injustice and cruelty of that move. There are Indians today who claim the United States has violated every treaty with every Indian tribe in the country. Nobody is denying that.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
That you're a troll?

Or is there something else I am supposed to glean?
You need to glean about 12 years of education. You need to read something other than the narrow minded racist sources of news you follow. You need to expand your brain to accept or at least give the benefit of the doubt to alternative ways of thinking.

Someone comes here from the superior intellect state of Florida and injects a few non traditional non WOKE views and he is automatically a troll.

In most of America history, white Democrats pretty much did the same thing, especially in the mid 19th Century when they railed against the mean old "abolitionist" Republicans who wanted to stop the practice of buying and selling human beings as farm equipment. And that mentality even survived the societal upheaval of the Sixties, when Republicans pushed the Civil Rights Act into law, making it a crime to discriminate on the basis of race. Republicans also deserve the credit for giving blacks and women the right to vote, something Democrats fought tooth an nail against.

You only prove that Democrats haven't changed much since the Jim Crow days. Their extreme fear laden mentality is pretty much the same.

And I, the person with different views, am a troll?

Doesn't say much for the myth of the open minded liberal.

Last edited by Reason10; 02-13-2021 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:03 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reason10 View Post
Very simply, pretty much they claim to be is a lie. That's the dishonest part. Native Americans? That's a lie. Lying is a form of dishonesty.

By trying to move beyond what they are is racist. They are not a separate race from other Americans. They may be a separate culture, but not a separate race. As far as having standing to bitch here, you need to look up the term "bitch," at least the colloquial form which I'm assuming you're using. I'm discussing an issue, not necessarily complaining about it.

As far as standing goes, the FIRST AMENDMENT pretty much settled the argument a couple of centuries ago.

And someone who hates the Republican party with such a passion really has no room to talk, when it comes to squirrely logic. The Republican Party freed the black slaves, get them and women the right to vote, and gave America the greatest economies in history.

Just remember, Jim Crow is YOUR side of the aisle, not mine.
'Native' is a comparative term, and so no lie. By the standard you advance no one is native to anyplace except maybe some small range in Africa a million years ago.

The first Amendment settled that you can say any silly thing you like without government retribution. It says nothing about how others should judge it's appropriateness. I remain of the opinion I expressed.

You are just engaging in passive aggressive racism, attacking a minority group in what you think is a deniable way.

Irrational partisan mudslinging ignored.

Last edited by donquixote99; 02-13-2021 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:30 PM
Banned

'Native' is a comparative term, and so no lie. By the standard you advance no one is native to anyplace except maybe some small range in Africa a million years ago.

I'm not here to play idiotic word games. I have the FACTS. There is no such thing as a Native American. When those tribes came here, America did not exist. If they had formed the United States of America, complete with Constitution and government, and the European settlers came over and conquered the land and took everything, you would be able to call them Indians.

I've already explained the etymology of the word Indian, and how it is not related to some fictional lie about Columbus seeking India, when he was seeking Hindustan. You need to pay attention in class.

The first Amendment settled that you can say any silly thing you like without government retribution. It says nothing about how others should judge it's appropriateness. I remain of the opinion I expressed.

I just found it telling that you would refer to someone with different views as a TROLL. In other words, anyone who you don't agree with is here to start trouble. In other words, I give facts and you respond with an insult, without even attempting to debate the material or learn more about it.

You are just engaging in passive aggressive racism, attacking a minority group in what you think is a deniable way.

(Hangs head, after reading typical ignorant WOKE comebacks. Something you don't like, call it racist.)

What race? Negroid? Caucasian? Mongolian? What race are American Indians?

I have some Lumbee friends up in North Carolina who would punch your teeth out if you tried to lump them with the vicious and cannibal Tequesta tribes in Florida. Are you now saying ALL these diverse tribes (Iroquois, Apache, Arapaho, Cayuga, Caloosa, Seminole, Shawnee, Shoshone, Hopi, Klamath, Navajo, Paiute, etc) are the same RACE? Do you KNOW anything about these and the other THOUSANDS of Indian tribes in the United States to lump them all into one category? And yet, you get pissy when I call them what they were originally called by Columbus, and what they prefer to be called:INDIAN.

Perhaps you can 'splain why there is STILL a Bureau of Indian Affairs. We've gone through many Democrat Congresses and Presidents (and have the wars and damaged economies to show for it) and there is no Bureau Of Native American affairs. Can you 'splain that?

You need more education and less namecalling. You need to get rid of labels and actually learn about some people.

I'm not a troll. Apparently, I'm a TEACHER, here.
What's the difference in what I'm saying and what you're saying? You're lumping them all into one mass yourself. Who is the racist here? You're doing the same thing.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Do you define someone who disagrees with a Woke Cancel Culture Snowflake as a troll? Is that your program? The politics of the Safe Space?
To paraphrase Forrest Gump "A troll is as a troll does". Bye Felicia
Old 02-13-2021, 12:47 PM
Ready

Quote:
I'm not here to play idiotic word games.
And you start and proceed to argue over a word. The term 'etymology' is even used. What you aren't here to do is argue with any intellectual honesty, I'd say.

Quote:
I just found it telling that you would refer to someone with different views as a TROLL. In other words, anyone who you don't agree with is here to start trouble.
Dishonest again. I never used the word 'troll' in a post referring to you.

Quote:
(Hangs head, after reading typical ignorant WOKE comebacks. Something you don't like, call it racist.)
Why do you care so much, then, about what word is used to refer to the indigenous people of America, collectively? Your rhetorical purpose is to invalidate the entire politics of the quest for racial justice. It's an inherently racist project.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:23 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
I gave logical, reasoned opinions about Native Americans. You have to deal with them. This isn't a safe space.
1. You didn't.
2. I don't.
3. It is, for those who engage in intellectual honesty.

But I appreciate your vigor if nothing else.

That said, I will bother to answer your question of why the BIA still exists. It exists because it's the least expensive option to assuage white guilt in the United States.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
To paraphrase Forrest Gump "A troll is as a troll does". Bye Felicia
In other words, I shouldn't try confusing you with facts.