Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-13-2021, 01:36 PM
Banned

Masking and the Super Bowl

Probably a late topic, but some folks might want to discuss the Super Bowl and the masks involved. I have some rather inconvenient questions to ask about the event. And if you agree or disagree, I promise not to call you a troll, especially if you type something I don't like.

1. Referees were wearing masks even though they were very distanced from everyone else, but players (who were huffing and puffing and in extreme close physical contact) had no masks on. Why is that? If Covid is a threat to referees, why isn't it a threat to referees?

2. Why wasn't Weeknd and that Lord Of The Flies style dance troupe of his wearing masks on that same field? Was the underwear they were wearing on their faces supposed to be a protection? Why wasn't he wearing a mask? He was the singer of the most popular song of 2020. (Which I totally LOVE that song Blinding Light.)

3. Just spitballing here, I'd say the players and coaches and referees and whoever else was on the field was pretty important. It'd doubtful that any of them earned less than six figures. Wouldn't it have been logical to just give them ALL the vaccine so they wouldn't have to worry about the masks?

4. Yes, the crowd was socially distanced, and from television it looked pretty phony to see people sitting between cardboard cutouts of other folks. My question: Why didn't the Super Bowl just require all these people take a Covid test before being given a ticket? That would have been so easy to do, since they were paying a fortune for each seat to begin with.