Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-27-2020, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Silly hypothetical. Cops here are 5 mins away, tops. At any rate, this simply will never happen here in white upper-middle-class suburbia, where I am fortunate to abide, so it's not something I need to ever worry about.
Now we FINALLY get it. You live in an area where you don't have to be worried. Maybe a step down from the gated communities you complain about?

What if the person is a known criminal and has plans? 5 minutes don't matter at that point.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:21 PM

Lotsa "what if" hypotheticals, there, Biff. I won't play your silly games, sorry.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lotsa "what if" hypotheticals, there, Biff. I won't play your silly games, sorry.
You won't play my silly games because according to you "You don't have to worry about it". Must be nice to live in the area you do. You should move to the bad parts of Chicago and live there for 5 years. You might get it then. The way it sounds to me is your content with where you live because you don't have to worry so you can't say how other people should feel when they are threatened. Have you ever been phisically assaulted?

Last edited by Waggs098; 07-27-2020 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waggs098 View Post
Have you ever been phisically assaulted?
Several times, Biff. I was in the military, and travelled a lot. What have you ever done for your country?
Old 07-27-2020, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Several times, Biff. I was in the military, and travelled a lot. What have you ever done for your country?
Great way to change the subject, pelosi. You refuse to answer the questions because in your mind they don't pertain to you and your white suburbia therefore you don't respond. Thanks for your service.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:45 PM

I'll ask again. What have you, and your reich-wing pals, ever sacrificed for your country?
Old 07-27-2020, 07:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'll ask again. What have you, and your reich-wing pals, ever sacrificed for your country?
I said thank you for your service. I have not been in the military. I have not had to sacrifice on that level. My grandfather and my uncle have served the military and I have great respect for the people that have served the military.

It actually seems weird to me how you have served the military but you can't answer the simple questions of an "uneducated, ignorant, stupid" citizen. If im really that "stupid" you should be able to just run over me with comments and facts.
Old 07-28-2020, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
You just plow ahead with the narrative whether you know what you're talking about or not:

https://lawshelf.com/coursewareconte...n-of-property/
Castle doctrine. From your source:
Quote:
Please note that since this rule requires that the defendant either own the property or be in lawful possession of it in order to be able to use force to protect it, a defendant is not allowed to use force to protect the property that is in lawful possession of someone else under the common law rule, even if the defendant owns the property. However, the Model Penal Code does allow the defendant to use non-deadly force to protect property even if it is in someone else’s lawful possession.
What you quoted is referring to property owned by someone else (i.e. public property).

Quote:
Forcing them to leave and DEADLY FORCE are two entirely different things, obviously...

I don't own a gun, and abhor violence. I would call 911...
Quote:
Silly hypothetical. Cops here are 5 mins away, tops. At any rate, this simply will never happen here in white upper-middle-class suburbia, where I am fortunate to abide, so it's not something I need to ever worry about.
Plenty of time for an assailant to haymaker you unconscious, kill your wife, kill your kids, and get away. Meanwhile, if you had a weapon in hand, they might just decide to leave instead of engage. If they engage, the playing field is equal or in your advantage.

Keep in mind that a lot of gun deaths in the USA are lawful uses of force. The shots that killed Martin and Brown, for example, were.

Last edited by FordGT90; 07-28-2020 at 04:46 AM.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:55 AM

Quote:
When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:00 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

I called Sullivan Co. Sheriff Dept. while a couple pu,is broke into my neighbor's house. I told them the idiots were in the house at that moment. It was twenty .minutes before anyone showed up.

Five minutes away my ass.