Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-28-2023, 01:15 PM
Admin

Nikki Haley?

'Over the Weekend, Nikki Haley Topped What We Previously Considered Her Worst Idea'

'But if she's a fount of bad ideas, Vivek Ramaswamy is a geyser.'

by Charles Pierce

"Nikki Haley is no bargain. First of all, she's a Republican in 2023, which makes her prima facie a fringe candidate. Second, at least judging by her campaign rhetoric, she's a bit too dedicated to the proposition that performative belligerence constitutes a foreign policy. And finally, she is a veritable fount of terrible ideas. A few weeks ago, she called for an end to anonymity on the Intertoobz. From, god help me, the New York Post:

“When I get into office, the first thing we have to do, social media accounts, social media companies, they have to show America their algorithms,” Haley said. “Let us see why they’re pushing what they’re pushing...The second thing is, every person on social media should be verified, by their name. That’s, first of all, it’s a national security threat. When you do that, all of a sudden, people have to stand by what they say. And it gets rid of the Russian bots, the Iranian bots and the Chinese bots. And then you’re going to get some civility when people know their name is next to what they say, and they know their pastor and their family members are going to see it,” the 51-year-old former Trump administration official added."

continued - https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...n-term-limits/

Yeah, it's behind a paywall. Tough. Here's a thought, Goggle up 'how to get around a paywall for dummies' or get your wallet out.