Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Admin

Increased tariffs? Are you serious? That sounds iike you've got some sort of pro union jibber jabber bouncing around in that skull of yours.

Are you one of those protectionist cheese eating surrender monkeys Samm?
Old 03-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Meh, you've made your position clear about unions on more than one occasion. What the fuck is right. You work in the trades and have your head so far up your ass, I can see ya staring back from behind your tonsils.
Thats because the Unions of yesteryear were good for the worker.
Today their just a piece of shit job killing organization. That cripple states and cities driving them to bankruptcy. All the while fucking there members for political power.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:15 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
Today their just a piece of shit job killing organization. That cripple states and cities driving them to bankruptcy. All the while fucking there members for political power.
Sure they are sonny, sure they are. <rolls eyes>

Only in the wingnuttery that is populated by the likes of Alito and the rest of that idiotic rogues gallery that is Faux news.

The whole idea of forming a union is for "political" power and clout for their members benefit. Without the trade union's pressure on the 'man' you wouldn't be making shit in your chosen profession. Get a grip man.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:30 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Where do you get you information about the activities of labor organizations? I see on a daily basis the contractual rights that union members enjoy compared to the circumstances of individuals who are at the mercy of their employers' whims because of their at-will employment relationships.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-04-2014, 06:40 PM
Ready

Never respond, never respond, never, never, never.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Where do you get you information about the activities of labor organizations? I see on a daily basis the contractual rights that union members enjoy compared to the circumstances of individuals who are at the mercy of their employers' whims because of their at-will employment relationships.

Regards,

D-Ray
Oh you mean the negotiations that are made that are unsustainable? And then the crying starts as soon as pensions can't be paid. Or the new work force cant generate the fund need to pay the retired. Companies leave our shores to get away form this bull shit.

Anyway what is need is give and take and balance.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:15 PM
Admin

Quote:
Oh you mean the negotiations that are made that are unsustainable? And then the crying starts as soon as pensions can't be paid. Or the new work force cant generate the fund need to pay the retired. Companies leave our shores to get away form this bull shit.

Like this?

Mother Jones. http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ca-chart-graph
Old 03-04-2014, 07:46 PM
reflexionar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm View Post
You are so right. I say screw the TPP there should be increased taxation on products imported by US owned corporations. If we could find an economist that wasn't bought off we could come up with some numbers that would not longer make it profitable to move the manufacturing jobs offshore.
Where we have lost a lot of our leverage is that we are not the consumers that we used to be when the economy was still able to be covered up as recovering.
Maybe you should quit shooting from the hip and go educate yourself. Read up on the Fordney-McCumber and Smoot Hawley tariff acts and see what they did for the US and world economies. Just speculation on such a tariff act (if it were being seriously considered) would drive wall street through the floor.

Quote:

Whatever extreme right source you are getting your information from must be lumping private and public unions together. The government unions are what are killing us in this neck of the woods. Portland already spends pushing 40% of its income on PERS. That comes out of our taxes. The private industry isn't in anywhere near that, especially since most don't offer pensions anymore. There is plenty of private money for pension funds, they just don't feel we are worth it and it should all go to their coffers (and CEO's) and not ours.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
Maybe you should quit shooting from the hip and go educate yourself. Read up on the Fordney-McCumber and Smoot Hawley tariff acts and see what they did for the US and world economies. Just speculation on such a tariff act (if it were being seriously considered) would drive wall street through the floor.

Whatever extreme right source you are getting your information from must be lumping private and public unions together. The government unions are what are killing us in this neck of the woods. Portland already spends pushing 40% of its income on PERS. That comes out of our taxes. The private industry isn't in anywhere near that, especially since most don't offer pensions anymore. There is plenty of private money for pension funds, they just don't feel we are worth it and it should all go to their coffers (and CEO's) and not ours.
This is why I said that in my statement above.
"That cripple states and cities driving them to bankruptcy."
Old 03-04-2014, 08:24 PM
reflexionar

Quote:
This is why I said that in my statement above.
"That cripple states and cities driving them to bankruptcy."
But private and public are two different animals. You should keep them separate.