Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:01 PM
Admin

Big effin' woo. Do you think you're the only one who can wipe stain and spray varnish on a carpenters hard work? Give me a fuckin' break.

Tell you what, let's see some of your hi falutin' finishing work. Post up a photo or two of your work.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Big effin' woo. Do you think you're the only one who can wipe stain and spray varnish on a carpenters hard work? Give me a fuckin' break.

Tell you what, let's see some of your hi falutin' finishing work. Post up a photo or two of your work.
There is a lot more to wiping stain and clear coating. That's what house painters do and end up with a crapy uneven blotchy finish.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:49 PM
Admin

No shit Sherlock, I'm a finish carpenter and have worked in the residential trades for decades. From Victorians built in 1877 on the historic register to Newport Coast McMansions down here. Like I said, big effin' woo. Show us some of your French polish work.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
No shit Sherlock, I'm a finish carpenter and have worked in the residential trades for decades. From Victorians built in 1877 on the historic register to Newport Coast McMansions down here. Like I said, big effin' woo. Show us some of your French polish work.
The living room in this house I French Polished to to have the right patina. Ya buddy I do all of that you would be hard pressed to find a finish I do not do.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:42 AM
Area Man

People like him have come to symbolize everything I dislike. I truly am sick and tired of their bullshit. They say they work for themselves, but that's nonsense. Nobody truly works for themselves, Bob. You know that. You're a small business guy, right? You work for your customers, right? The only difference between him and me is that I have steady work from one "customer" and he works for different people.......THAT'S IT. All of that looking down at people and talking trash, like being self employed somehow makes him "better" than anyone else is just a bunch of fucking rubbish.

This is what rightwing elitism looks like. They have all of the answers, the whole goddamn world rotates around them because they run a fucking sno-cone stand or whatever........And everyone should kiss their asses and worship their "entrepreneurial spirit"....."Ooooo, he has a van and goes around steaming cat piss out of rich peoples carpets....Ooooo, he's a REAL American!"

I really wouldn't care, except they keep bashing people who work for others. It's the stinking Republican party and their propaganda machine that's behind it and there's method to the madness. This vilification is how they desensitize the public to constant attacks on worker rights, protections and related issues.

It has a purpose that's negatively impacting millions of people, many of who can already barely stretch a paycheck from one Friday to the next. All of those people who have had unemployment cutoff....... And they're not done by any means, my friend. You can bet on that. They won't be happy until people literally starve when they lay them off. It gives them greater control.

Think about that.

I truly am beginning to hate them.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:49 AM
Admin

Yeah, I've done bit more than refinish a few pairs of JBLs and build a walnut case for my Marantz 2270 receiver. Gotta love repairing over 130 year old faux painted doors and re-shellacking fully paneled bay windows and every door and every inch of base moulding in an 1877 Italinate. You have to be fast with the brush . You haven't been drunk until you've worked with shellac.

So, what's your beef with Dave maintaining and massaging Italian machine lines that probably exceed $300k in value? Do ya think you could do it with a couple of days of instruction?

BTW, don't listen to the bullshit robber baron philosophy that your rich clients spew at you. They're full of shyte and themselves.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:53 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Yeah, I've done bit more than refinish a few pairs of JBLs and build a walnut case for my Marantz 2270 receiver. Gotta love repairing over 130 year old faux painted doors and re-shellacking fully paneled bay windows and every door and every inch of base moulding in an 1877 Italinate. You have to be fast with the brush . You haven't been drunk until you've worked with shellac.

So, what's your beef with Dave maintaining and massaging Italian machine lines that probably exceed $300k in value? Do ya think you could do it with a couple of days of instruction?

BTW, don't listen to the bullshit robber baron philosophy that your rich clients spew at you. They're full of shyte and themselves.
Italian, German, American...... some made in house. And some come with >million dollar price tags, Bob.

Dave
Old 03-11-2014, 01:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
People like him have come to symbolize everything I dislike. I truly am sick and tired of their bullshit. They say they work for themselves, but that's nonsense. Nobody truly works for themselves, Bob. You know that. You're a small business guy, right? You work for your customers, right? The only difference between him and me is that I have steady work from one "customer" and he works for different people.......THAT'S IT. All of that looking down at people and talking trash, like being self employed somehow makes him "better" than anyone else is just a bunch of fucking rubbish.

This is what rightwing elitism looks like. They have all of the answers, the whole goddamn world rotates around them because they run a fucking sno-cone stand or whatever........And everyone should kiss their asses and worship their "entrepreneurial spirit"....."Ooooo, he has a van and goes around steaming cat piss out of rich peoples carpets....Ooooo, he's a REAL American!"

I really wouldn't care, except they keep bashing people who work for others. It's the stinking Republican party and their propaganda machine that's behind it and there's method to the madness. This vilification is how they desensitize the public to constant attacks on worker rights, protections and related issues.

It has a purpose that's negatively impacting millions of people, many of who can already barely stretch a paycheck from one Friday to the next. All of those people who have had unemployment cutoff....... And they're not done by any means, my friend. You can bet on that. They won't be happy until people literally starve when they lay them off. It gives them greater control.

Think about that.

I truly am beginning to hate them.
Dave I do not look up or down on anyone for any reason especially economic status.

I apologize to you sir.

But you have to understand that was me lashing out to all the negativity I receive here.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:04 AM

why are we letting this guy get the best of us anyway
Old 03-11-2014, 01:05 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Italian, German, American...... some made in house. And some come with >million dollar price tags, Bob.

Dave
I suspect 427 would come off one of those lines missing more than a few fingers if anyone would be foolish enough to let him near it. I don't get all this sucking up to the wealthy fucks he works for. I've seen more than my share of Gee Dubya acolytes down here in Orange county that haven't worked a day in their lives and are all puffed up over their daddies money. Fuckin' 99.5% of them are insecure parasites who loll around drunk at the Balboa Bay Club worrying about who is fucking their trophey wives.