Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrack71 View Post
Well, not only did I admit fault there, but I openly apologized to the whole board- twice. Did it make anything stop? Hell no! It makes me wonder why I even try to reason with some of you folks. Seriously D, are you one of these guys that holds a grudge and will take any opportunity to attack me? Because it sure looks like that is the case. I thought we were all past that and here you go stirring the pot. Or is a differing point of view from the norm here just not welcome? A few of you guys have a real funny way of showing that you are open minded.
Son I stopped being open minded back in my fifties as I have yet to see anyone out there who can teach me how to suck eggs. In the past 32 years I became more convinced that there is no such a person.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:06 PM

Wow. You guys should reread the first post and articles attached. Or maybe you do believe you are always right. Somehow you escalated a thread which was meant to be nothing more than interesting reading into a pissing match. Maybe you aren't just PRESENTING yourself as immature. Maybe you really are. That would be name calling. There is a difference. It's like saying someone is acting ignorant instead of actually being a dumbass. You guys are twisting my words. But you are good at that. I've watched you attack anyone who even remotely thinks differently. Give me a break, you arguments are very weak and highly insulting at times. I find that hypocrisy here unbearable for the most part. I think a few of you are in denial.

Maybe I am on the wrong forum. Do you have to be a lefty Democrat to be a contributing member to this forum? Just be honest. Because I am not that.

Last edited by hatrack71; 02-02-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Son I stopped being open minded back in my fifties as I have yet to see anyone out there who can teach me how to suck eggs. In the past 32 years I became more convinced that there is no such a person.
Yeah, I never could get the hang of that either.

John
Old 02-02-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
And that right there is the problem Rob. You ARE always right. What's the point of even debating if you can't learn anything? Besides how would you even know that sucking eggs is not a likable thing if you don't try it.. I love eggs!

Last edited by hatrack71; 02-02-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Yeah, I never could get the hang of that either.

John
Obviously. You are a lost cause. I'm not even gonna waste my breath with you anymore. Doesn't matter what I say. I could say the sun is in the sky and you would disagree just because I said it. You would get slaughtered on a legitimate forum.

Last edited by hatrack71; 02-02-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Not meant as a slap, just made me think of experiences I had here.
Quote:
Wow. You guys should reread the first post and articles attached. Or maybe you do believe you are always right. Somehow you escalated a thread which was meant to be nothing more than interesting reading into a pissing match. Maybe you aren't just PRESENTING yourself as immature. Maybe you really are. That would be name calling. There is a difference. It's like saying someone is acting ignorant instead of actually being a dumbass. You guys are twisting my words. But you are good at that. I've watched you attack anyone who even remotely thinks differently. Give me a break, you arguments are very weak and highly insulting at times. I find that hypocrisy here unbearable for the most part. I think a few of you are in denial.
Kyle, let me start by saying your thread and the articles didn't offend me but you have to admit that the first bolded text above is pure finger-pointing. I honestly don't get why you feel you've been insulted and misunderstood by the responses your own words invited. I think you're being pretty disingenuous.

Quote:
Maybe I am on the wrong forum. Do you have to be a lefty Democrat to be a contributing member to this forum? Just be honest. Because I am not that.
You've said that a few times here. Maybe you are but only you can decide that. If you are in the wrong place, though, it wouldn't be for the reason you suggest. There are "leftys" and "rightys" here and people at every step of the way along the path from one extreme to the other. Everyone gets the treatment that their approach to the dialog here deserves (or what someone thinks it deserves. Ideas, unless they're offensive in and of themselves (argoweaver), tend to be treated respectfully.

John
Old 02-02-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Obviously. You are a lost cause. I'm not even gonna waste my breath with you anymore. Doesn't matter what I say. I could say the sun is in the sky and you would disagree just because I said it. You would get slaughtered on a legitimate forum.
And here I was trying to be nice!

John
Old 02-02-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
And here I was trying to be nice!

John
John, that is the biggest bunch of bullshit I've read since I've been here. You know what you are trying to do. I sure do. You must think I'm terribly naive.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:45 PM

"You've said that a few times here. Maybe you are but only you can decide that. If you are in the wrong place, though, it wouldn't be for the reason you suggest. There are "leftys" and "rightys" here and people at every step of the way along the path from one extreme to the other. Everyone gets the treatment that their approach to the dialog here deserves (or what someone thinks it deserves. Ideas, unless they're offensive in and of themselves (argoweaver), tend to be treated respectfully."

Yeah, there are rightys here. I have seen nothing but disrespect from you and a few others toward them. You are not even aware of your own behavior. It is extremely sad. In fact, pathetic.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:52 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
And that right there is the problem Rob. You ARE always right. What's the point of even debating if you can't learn anything? Besides how would you even know that sucking eggs is not a likable thing if you don't try it.. I love eggs!
So do I when they are cooked.

The real problem is that I spent my formative yers, 52 of them in Canada. We come from two completely different backgrounds and I submit to you that IMO Canadians and Americans can never agree on politics, not in my lifetime in any case.

Last edited by merrylander; 02-02-2013 at 03:16 PM.