Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:14 AM

I am stunned,And the fact that our goverment and our corporate leaders are not doing anything.Just letting this happen.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:33 AM

China is a country ran by those who look down the road 50, 100 years with a plan in mind. From what I see stick to it once started. Where we can't even look to today and have a consensus on a plan. Seem to relish gridlock!

Barney
Old 11-29-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
I am stunned,And the fact that our goverment and our corporate leaders are not doing anything.Just letting this happen.
Pan Pacific Trade Agreement! Gonna solve all our problems!

Barney
Old 11-29-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
China is a country ran by those who look down the road 50, 100 years with a plan in mind. From what I see stick to it once started. Where we can't even look to today and have a consensus on a plan. Seem to relish gridlock!

Barney
I thought China was run by those who look over their shoulder at the vast horde of malcontents who are growing tired of taking it up the ass.

Chas
Old 11-29-2013, 06:48 AM

I just came across this, hmmm anyting social wont print

What amazes me is that most peoples refusal to pick up a dictionary and look up the word communism and capitalism.

China is communist in name only. If one wants to argue that is enough, then you should also claim that North Korea is democratic, since they have that in their name as well.

China is not even so************************tic, even though they claim to be. So**********************ism is defined that all aspects of the economy is controlled and owned by the central government. 20 years ago that was true, but now less then 30% of businesses are owned by the government and more and more of that is being handed over to private enterprises.

China started their economic reforms shortly after Mao died. There were only a handful of "free enterprise zones" which eventually morphed into the whole country being one huge free market.

What I find troubling with so many of the answers here is they are pretty much spewing what the west and talking heads say is correct without bothering to look up the information themselves. America has a well oiled propaganda system that is often based on outdated material and assumptions of a static world. That everything that goes against American values is bad and that every country needs to be just like us. If that is the case, then be prepared to have global warming and pollution on a march larger scale.

With the exception of one answer, I consider the rest of you pretty much uninformed.

signed, an ex pat from the USA living in the heart of China.

Peace

Jim

Last edited by one1; 11-29-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:54 AM

wow, WERE was I at when all of this happened.

Officially, China is still labeled by the West as a communist country. But in reality, it is different than that. The present day communist China is totally different from what it was 30 to 50 years ago (during the leadership of Mao Tse Tung). In political textbooks, Communism is defined as a form of government where the very way of life of an individual living in such a communist state is based on everything common to all people within the state (hence the word commune, where the word communism had its root). This means common dwelling, schools, food, medical care, transportation, etc.. In essence, everything is owned by the state and there is no such thing as private property or private ownership. The farm that you till belongs to the state, the cattle that you raise belong to the state, the goods you produce belong to the state, the house where you live belongs to the state, etc.. You, as a person have no right to own anything for yourself, as everything belongs to the state. Clearly this is a very restrictive, reclusive, and oppressive society. This is what China was 30 to 50 years ago.
The present day China is not like that anymore. Now, people can buy and own houses, cars, DVDs, computers, jewelries, fancy clothes, etc.. They are now allowed to travel anywhere, study or travel abroad if they can afford it. They can start and operate their own business enterprises and keep the profits from it, although the exception to this are major public utility enterprises like power generation, transportation, telecommunication, which are still state-owned enterprises (or semi-government, with private entities owning parts of these enterprises).
So in reality, China nowadays is a capitalist-driven economy. Its people don't refer to themselves as communists anymore, but as private Chinese citizens. Most of the West however, is still accustomed to the old way of referring to China and its people as Communist (which always comes with the negative connotation associated with that word).
Old 11-29-2013, 06:59 AM
Resident octogenarian

If I owed someone a huge amount of money they could collect because our laws say they can. So if we owe China huge amounts of money where are the laws that say they can collect?
Old 11-29-2013, 07:40 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
Doing nothing? They're taking advantage of it at our expense. What do you mean "doing nothing"?
Old 11-29-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
If I owed someone a huge amount of money they could collect because our laws say they can. So if we owe China huge amounts of money where are the laws that say they can collect?
Rob ,I am completely Dumbfounded.I am less imformed than I thought.I do nt know wether to keep looking into this or to just quitely back away,for fear of really finding out what i do not want to find out.

My simple life is coming down a bit today with this knowledge.searching for the truth hurts,now I know why Ignorence is Bliss.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:45 AM
Area Man

"America has a well oiled propaganda system that is often based on outdated material and assumptions of a static world. That everything that goes against American values is bad and that every country needs to be just like us. If that is the case, then be prepared to have global warming and pollution on a march larger scale."

Naw, say it isn't so! And, exactly who is it that seems to think everyone should be like us, anything that goes against "American Values" is bad and that global warming and pollution are bogus concerns? LOL!

Dave