Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-11-2020, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
I don't expect Donny to ever concede the election. What will these cultists do if the election isn't overturned in the courts? Scary thoughts.
Banned on FB for a start......

A large portion of the ones I know have been banned in the last few days on FB for a period of time. Wear it as a badge of honor!
Old 11-11-2020, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I understand that there have been posts here that tend to diminish the credibility of posters on both sides. In my experience, I have not seen anything to question the credibility of BlueStreak. I am confused by the aspersions cast.
Sorry nailer, that does come off as a bit salty.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:23 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I understand that there have been posts here that tend to diminish the credibility of posters on both sides. In my experience, I have not seen anything to question the credibility of BlueStreak. I am confused by the aspersions cast.
Ending your closing with "aspersions cast" in lieu of "aspersion cast" is a blue bias tell. Pointing out that BlueStreak incorrectly put his take on what grandma said in quotes is not questioning his credibility. Claiming the incident did not occur, which I did not do, would indeed be questioning said credibility. In the post you replied to I merely pointed out there were at least two other POV's to consider, both of which would vary from his.

I'm thinking you are the one casting aspersions. In addition, you appear to be defending blue hate, counselor.

Last edited by nailer; 11-12-2020 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:26 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Sorry nailer, that does come off as a bit salty.
Beer is an excellent companion for salty snacks.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:50 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Ending your closing with "aspersions cast" in lieu of "aspersion cast" is a blue bias tell. Pointing out that BlueStreak incorrectly put his take on what grandma said in quotes is not questioning his credibility. Claiming the incident did not occur, which I did not do, would indeed be questioning said credibility. In the post you replied to I merely pointed out there were at least two other POV's to consider, both of which would vary from his.

I'm thinking you are the one casting aspersions. In addition, you appear to be defending blue hate, counselor.
Identifying an account as "highly biased" is most certainly questioning the credibility of the one reporting the incident. (A police officer accused of bias could lose his or her job.)The event reported was certainly dramatic, which would have a tendency to heighten one's attention to detail. It is merely an assumption on your part that the quotation marks were not appropriately used.

Moreover, there is a difference between hate and accurate reporting of unfavorable information. I doubt you want to identify yourself with the methodology of the departing president by suggesting that an accurate but unfavorable description of the conduct by a Trump supporter is fake news or "blue hate."
Old 11-12-2020, 08:04 PM
Rational Anarchist

Or, saying "highly biased" is my dramatization of this dramatic incident, with "highly" being an opinion I've formed of BlueStreak over the years. (BTW, many police officers accused of bias aren't fired.) And you are correct in that when I see a quotation I assume it's word for word accurate. Pretty sure that's what those marks mean. Which is why I pointed out their incorrect usage. I'm okay with your claiming that's appropriate because there are no hard and fast rules in English grammar. (An English professor to us that.)

Now it's you assuming the reporting is accurate based on one eyewitness' account. I'm okay with this assumption given your positive bias towards BlueStreak. I did not suggest BlueStreak's story didn't happen, just that it's a biased account.

There's plenty of red and blue hate being put out there on this forum, although the reds aren't posting much right now. Having an apolitical soul, I enjoyed your 'using Trump's methodology' accusation. Your blue bias is showing.

Last edited by nailer; 11-12-2020 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:04 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
I did not suggest BlueStreak's story didn't happen, just that it's a biased account.
Let's try - colorful.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:10 PM
Rational Anarchist

An excellent suggestion. BlueStreak is indeed colorful. I enjoy his posts.

But I began with bias and must continue along this bias path even if I must fall on my bias sword.

Last edited by nailer; 11-12-2020 at 09:47 PM.
Old 11-14-2020, 01:32 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Or, saying "highly biased" is my dramatization of this dramatic incident, with "highly" being an opinion I've formed of BlueStreak over the years. (BTW, many police officers accused of bias aren't fired.) And you are correct in that when I see a quotation I assume it's word for word accurate. Pretty sure that's what those marks mean. Which is why I pointed out their incorrect usage. I'm okay with your claiming that's appropriate because there are no hard and fast rules in English grammar. (An English professor to us that.)

Now it's you assuming the reporting is accurate based on one eyewitness' account. I'm okay with this assumption given your positive bias towards BlueStreak. I did not suggest BlueStreak's story didn't happen, just that it's a biased account.

There's plenty of red and blue hate being put out there on this forum, although the reds aren't posting much right now. Having an apolitical soul, I enjoyed your 'using Trump's methodology' accusation. Your blue bias is showing.
Let me clarify. if one is quoting a statement, quotation marks are appropriate. You suggested that the use of quotation marks was, in essence, dishonest, and an expression of hate. You could not accept that his representation of the statement was accurate, therefore you deemed it "highly biased,"i.e. fake news. Or did I misquote you?

By the way, do you have an eyewitness account that contradicts the one reported here?
Old 11-14-2020, 06:36 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
I just can't figure the hold Trump has over his followers. Are these the same kind of people who would have followed Jim Jones into the jungle?
It appears so.