We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-27-2023, 06:52 PM
Admin

In Flanders Fields

Rest in peace to those who gave all.
Old 05-28-2023, 12:58 PM
Banned

I gotta tell ya bob your sentiment is appreciated...but these days when somebody looks at me and says "thank you for your service" all I feel is that I want to go find some MAGA to slap the shit out of. People, even people who utter it in good faith, have no fucking clue what that comment means to many, if not most Vietnam vets or even a Vietnam era vet like me, who never set foot in country. Service for what? Service to a country where 46% of the voters cast their ballot for a sociopathic grifter sexual assault pedophile perp pig twice and who will do it again if he's the 2024 GOP nominee?

I wanna go find some nazi flag waving, tiki torch bearing, "Jews will not replace us" chanting, asshole white supremacist christian nationalist demonstrator and beat him inro a fucking coma.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 05-28-2023 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-29-2023, 02:25 PM
reflexionar

So the wife went in to Safeway to get a coffee the other morning. There were a bunch of teenagers in front of her and one of them had a red poppy. The others were asking her what it was for and she said "I don't know, they handed it to me on my way in. I think it has something to do with the military". Don't they teach this stuff in school anymore? I can't imagine we have regressed to the state that nobody has a clue why we celebrate memorial day anymore, but it seems to be getting worse every year. Anyway, a couple of of family pics for the day.

The oldest boy, Michael, being carried to Willamette National almost 9 years ago.

My 15 yr old granddaughter handing out poppies at Safeway yesterday morning.
Old 05-29-2023, 02:42 PM

Can anyone please explain to me how they can possibly support a raging lunatic like this, who posts such hateful rhetoric on Memorial Day? Whell, you're a raging fan of this loon, please rationalize this!

Old 05-29-2023, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Can anyone please explain to me how they can possibly support a raging lunatic like this, who posts such hateful rhetoric on Memorial Day? Whell, you're a raging fan of this loon, please rationalize this!
How can they support him? Its easy when you're racist, sexist, homphobic, transphobic, bigoted subhuman scum.
Old 05-29-2023, 03:28 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
How can they support him? Its easy when you're racist, sexist, homphobic, transphobic, bigoted subhuman scum.
I would agree with his sentiment if it were directed at MAGAWorld. As the saying goes, every accusation is a confession.
Old 05-29-2023, 04:40 PM
reflexionar

Well the first 3 words say it all. Memorial day is a somber day at best, there is nothing happy about it.
Old 05-29-2023, 05:05 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

My Mom and Dad (WWII veteran (medic in New Guinea in WWII) and career JAG Officer after getting his law degree on the GI Bill) are buried at Arlington National Cemetery. We visit occasionally, but never on Memorial or Veteran's Day as it is far too crowded. As many times as I've been there, Arlington Cemetery is always a somber and reflective.
Old 05-29-2023, 05:19 PM

It always puzzled me how one could say "Happy" and Memorial Day in the same sentence.

This being a somber day of remembering fallen hero's, honoring and mourning them.

Trump once again is totally missing the point. It is all about him.

Both of my parents were in the Navy. My Farther served from right after WWII through Vietnam. Mother's family have seven siblings who served. My wife has a Uncle killed in Iwo Jima and Her Father was in the Pacific with the Marines also. He was on the way to, and one of my aunts was in Japan when they signed the treaty. He later became a Drill Sergeant at Paris Island.

Last edited by Oerets; 05-29-2023 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-29-2023, 09:12 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
So the wife went in to Safeway to get a coffee the other morning. There were a bunch of teenagers in front of her and one of them had a red poppy. The others were asking her what it was for and she said "I don't know, they handed it to me on my way in. I think it has something to do with the military". Don't they teach this stuff in school anymore? I can't imagine we have regressed to the state that nobody has a clue why we celebrate memorial day anymore, but it seems to be getting worse every year. Anyway, a couple of of family pics for the day.

The oldest boy, Michael, being carried to Willamette National almost 9 years ago.

My 15 yr old granddaughter handing out poppies at Safeway yesterday morning.

"Those who knew
what this was all about
must make way for those
who know little.
And less than that.
And at last nothing less than nothing."

(A fragment of a poem I remember)

Last edited by donquixote99; 05-29-2023 at 09:15 PM.