Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2017, 09:34 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
What's a fair contract ? Exactly what do you think somebody doing a repetitive task with nothing invested and no skin in the game is supposed to make? What do you think that somebody who didn't even have the gumption to finish school is suppose to make? What do you think somebody who tells the boss "that is not my job" is supposed to make? What do you think somebody who is offered an opportunity but refuses it because it is harder is supposed to make ? Do you think that the purpose of a business is to give people jobs ? Do you wonder why countries whose people are happy to study and do whatever it takes are taking our jobs ?
You make plenty of false assumptions. A lot of these workers spend several years in an apprentice program gaining the skills for their trade. Others invest years and years in a job developing a skill set that benefits their employer. A fair contract recognizes the investment of time and effort that workers make toward the profitability of the company. It reflects the value that the workers add to the product. A fair contract certainly allows people to work at a wage level that provides decent housing, nutrition and health care - and education for their kids.

The people I come in contact with are interested in working hard and producing a good product (or building), or in keeping people and property safe, protecting the health of their patients, or providing other services that people expect to find in the marketplace.

You appear to have a warped view of the people who go to work daily to try their best to earn a living. Indeed, you must really have a troubled soul to carry such hatred toward other people who are not as "good" as you. Was all that money really worth it?