Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-29-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post

Take the Green Bay/Chicago game last night for instance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRrukXArFZ8
Looks like a packed stadium, so I guess these peaceful protests aren't upsetting anyone enough to stay away. Perhaps a few of Trump's ignorant base, but the vast majority of Americans, 84%, support their right to protest.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:35 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Thanks!
Old 09-29-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Looks like a packed stadium, so I guess these peaceful protests aren't upsetting anyone enough to stay away. Perhaps a few of Trump's ignorant base, but the vast majority of Americans, 84%, support their right to protest.
They only thing that was disrespectful and offensive last night, was just how terribly bad my Bears played.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
The owners have formally allowed these forms of protest by the players, then what?

Why they have allowed it has nothing to do with their support of their players First Amendment rights, but that's another story altogether. If only the fans knew how much the owners have given to Trump's political campaigns.
The owners made an error in judgement about how to handle this, but I agree that the owners are not doing this because they're worried about anyone's free speech rights.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Those who don't have the balls to protest racism and oppression don't get to pick the time and place for those who do. Regardless, it's totally inappropriate for a President to tell business owners who to fire and for what reasons. Moreover, the flag is an inanimate piece of cloth that cannot feel "disrespect" directed its way like Muslims, Blacks, women, Muslims, and Hispanics do when disrespected by the President. You must really be pretty stupid to get sucked in by the red meat directed by Trump to GOP rednecks down in Alabama to distract from his myriad failures.
You're either woefully misincormed, obtuse, or just enjoy putting words in other people's mouth. I'm voting for all three.

As for your remark about how inappropriate it is for a Prez to tell business owners who to fire, I guess you've forgotten all about Rick Wagoner.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You're either woefully misincormed, obtuse, or just enjoy putting words in other people's mouth. I'm voting for all three.

As for your remark about how inappropriate it is for a Prez to tell business owners who to fire, I guess you've forgotten all about Rick Wagoner.
GM needed a change of management to make the risk of a govt loan possible, that is not equivalent to this politically motivated manufactured tempest in a teapot by the instigator in chief.
https://www.forbes.com/2009/03/30/ri...at-driver.html
Old 09-30-2017, 12:45 AM
Admin

"Woefully misinformed and obtuse". That's a pretty damn accurate and concise description of every Trump supporter and apologist still sucking air, Mike.

Last edited by bobabode; 09-30-2017 at 01:00 AM.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:43 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
"Woefully misinformed and obtuse". That's a pretty damn accurate and concise description of every Trump supporter and apologist still sucking air, Mike.
A Trump apologist calling someone else "woefully misinformed and obtuse?" He's practicing the timeworn GOP tactic of projection. It's a tell-tale sign that he's got nothing (other than what Limbaugh said today on the radio).

Last edited by finnbow; 09-30-2017 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
A Trump apologist calling someone else "woefully misinformed and obtuse?" He's practicing the timeworn GOP tactic of projection. It's a tell-tale sign that he's got nothing (other than what Limbaugh said today on the radio).
Speaking of tactics, and having nothing, you're sticking to the playbook and not responding to the content of my post, and instead attempting to comment me. My comments about owners painting themselves into a corner on this issue, as well as pointing out your inconsistency,were spot on, so the above post was apparently the best you could do. Nice try.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Typical Bob post. Yawn