Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Don't know that much about Rush, other than he's popular among a lot of people on the right.

I've listened to about a hour of him, because I was doing some work for some people who were listening to him at the time. My conclusion was that his voice was like chalk on a blackboard.

I've also read a couple of things he has written, and in both instances I thought he had a point.

Personally, I'm not a fan and would rather not listen to him. But I don't think that he is the incarnate of evil and that his followers are mindless lemmings as well.

I don't understand how people can stand to listen to him, but I don't understand how people can do a lot of things which make no sense to me.

I also realize that there are millions of people who can't understand how I can piss away the most of the day on Political Chat when I could be watching reruns of Entertainment Tonight.

To me, Rush is no big deal, and certainly not worthy of my consideration. He's just another loudmouthed blowhard in a world full of loudmouthed blowhards.

Chas
Yeah, I once thought he had a point too. That there are too many people living off of our society rather than contributing something useful to it and bad mouthing those who do work. Kind of hard to argue with that........................

Then one day I realized that he is one of them.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 03-10-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
You would think after the Howard Stern phenomenon, the public would be past getting all stupid over what a comedian or broadcaster spews to make money.
I'd have to agree with this. Except there aren't any stupid politicians trying to make legislation at the behest of Howard Stern.

Dave
Old 03-10-2012, 07:44 PM

I guess you'all missed this little piece of news.

http://www.webpronews.com/bill-maher...s-back-2012-03

First what both of them said about the ladies is a terrible tasteless attempt at making a point. In a polite society should not be tolerated but in a free society will be voiced from time to time. Fools and clowns have voices too you know!

Barney
Old 03-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Area Man

Yeah, but this is Limbaugh we're talking about. Would he have ever done the same for Maher? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Dave
Old 03-10-2012, 08:02 PM

One of the differences between the Right and the Left IMO!

Barney
Old 03-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I guess you'all missed this little piece of news.

http://www.webpronews.com/bill-maher...s-back-2012-03

First what both of them said about the ladies is a terrible tasteless attempt at making a point. In a polite society should not be tolerated but in a free society will be voiced from time to time. Fools and clowns have voices too you know!

Barney
Maher is not exactly in a position to criticize, after all.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:26 PM

I agree but he did take the unpopular position, against the popular trends to voice this. Last night on his show he stated this was a "Protected under the First Amendment Rights " (Freedom of speech) and should be view as such.

I personally think both Rush and Maher were out of line but in this country it is expected to happen from time to time.

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 03-10-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I'd have to agree with this. Except there aren't any stupid politicians trying to make legislation at the behest of Howard Stern.

Dave
True. Listening to these people argue about these men makes me want to vomit. I can't believe how much time that Fox news has spent on these childish quarrels. I almost threw the remote at my TV when Palin was bitching about the PAC money. She needs a real job for awhile to get her mind right.

Last edited by djv8ga; 03-11-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Loyal Opposition

The First Amendment protects the right of people like Maher and Limbaugh to say whatever they say; it protects the right of people to criticize both of them; and it protects the right of advertisers to express themselves by withdrawing their money. I've always said that the best way to counter objectionable communication is with more effective communication. Rush clearly got out-communicated in this instance. It appears that Maher might have felt some of the heat from the firestorm over Limbaugh's comments.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Admin

I hope the OP didn't abandon us to our own devices. O Billy-ollie ollie oxen in come free.....