Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
"But Einstein, whose Jewish origins led him to flee Germany in 1933, also said war was sometimes acceptable. "I didn't write that I was an absolute pacifist but that I have always been a convinced pacifist. That means there are circumstances in which in my opinion it is necessary to use force," he wrote.

"Such a case would be when I face an opponent whose unconditional aim is to destroy me and my people.""

....could very well apply to this century's burden of militant Islam....
Old 03-13-2012, 02:35 AM

Quote:
....could very well apply to this century's burden of militant Islam....
Yes, I suppose it could be, and, the moment they invade Poland, it probably will be.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neophyte View Post
Yes, I suppose it could be, and, the moment they invade Poland, it probably will be.
I guess that was an attempt at humor. However, it rings pretty hollow since "they" are interested inn attacking the US, not Poland.

They were after us before 9-11 (the first WTC bombing, USS Cole), they hit us hard on 9-11, and efforts to stage attacks on US interests have continued regularly since 9-11.

Just in case you forgot...
Old 04-08-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill View Post
Potty Mouthed Bill Maher is on the spot.

Yes U.S.A. we have a pair of vile misogynistic pigs in the news this week.

First Rush, NOW BILL MAHER, While Bill Maher has been a misogynistic Pig for years, it seems that because he's a Democrat, it's been acceptable. But now President Obama has been asked if he would return the money, Bill Maher donated to Obamas Political PAC Fund.

Will Obama Super PAC Return Misogynist Bill Maher's Million-Dollar Donation?

MAHER: Speaking of dumb tw*ts… (shows pic of Bachmann and Palin) it’s not because they have breasts. It’s because they are boobs

OBAMA: I thought about Malia and Sasha, and I want them to be able to speak their mind in a civil and thoughtful way and I don’t want them attacked or called horrible names because they are being good citizens.

WORDS ON SCREEN: Shows TV Newser headline “Bill Maher calls Sarah Palin the ‘c-word’ during his stand up act”

MAHER: (shows pic of Bristol Palin) She f*cked Levi over and over again until a baby came out.

http://nation.foxnews.com/bill-maher...aher-hypocrisy

Just a few examples of Maher's Filthy Mouth Deisgraceful Statements aboult Women. Maher, The Misogynistic Potty Mouthed Pig .

Yes FOXNEWS, but they are all true.

Bill
I am revisiting this post because...this latest Florida situation May hit a mark with the "show business" news networks. NBC has embarassed itself by the latest 911 tape fiasco of an employee. It's untruths in reporting and our eagerness to believe the worst whether it be political or racist... some are ready to swallow (or so it seems) hook...line and sinker anything negative.

its about time all news services...the writers, producers and directors of such... do the honest investigating and reporting that makes NEWS.. news and not a dog and pony show to gather viewers.

The news channels and their talking heads have brought the honorable office of the presidency and running for such... so far down the ladder...I wonder if it will ever recover. Of coarse we are their puppets and use the court of public opinion to make their stance even stronger and their pockets fuller.

When mis-information can turn civilized individuals into hate mongers...it's serious folks. Do you suppose there is a Federal office for such? Perhaps...instead of policing kids school lunches...get real! These same kids are seeing and listening to what is going on.

FIX IT!
Old 04-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Resident octogenarian

Best way to fix it is to not watch then, I watch the local news on a CBS affiliate, then BBC then Newshour. I have not seen FOX, CBS, NBC,or ABC news since we got cable. If enough people stop watching eventually their ratings will get flushed.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Einstein was a pacifist...until he was witness to, and then escaped from, the rise of Nazism. In the early '30's, he renounced pacifism and urged western powers to take a stand against Nazi Germany.

Seemingly, the "stupid liberal' evolved....
I've never been a pacifist.

I joined the Navy to help protect my country, and I'm proud of that fact. This does not mean I'm enough of a tool to go sailing off to war just because some politician broke out Ol' Glory and brass bands. The brain at the top of my spinal cord may not be as powerful as Einsteins, but I'm no dumbass either. I'll leave it to the types to which Einstein was referring to go fight the senseless wars.......

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 04-08-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Best way to fix it is to not watch then, I watch the local news on a CBS affiliate, then BBC then Newshour. I have not seen FOX, CBS, NBC,or ABC news since we got cable. If enough people stop watching eventually their ratings will get flushed.
Merrylander...I rarely did either...but after reading the posts here...I wanted to see for myself. AND did I ever!! I summed it up in my former post.
IMO most people scruntinize buying a car more than riding the middle ground... before getting all the facts. But then again...you and I have been around the block a few times.