Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-14-2016, 04:21 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You said they were comparable. In my mind, a hatchback and a roadster are two completely different animals. One of the few cars on the road today truly comparable to the new MX-5 Miata is the Fiat 124 Spider Abarth (and it's actually a Mazda MX-5 with some different sheet metal and a different badge). And yes, I'm somewhat of a car geek.

If you want to see a real thing of beauty and innovation, read up on the new MX-5 RF convertible hardtop. People are chomping at the bit to get a chance to buy one of these.
I said I compared them in 2011, you countered with they aren't comparable and then I pointed out once again that I had indeed compared them. In my mind they were among the potential replacements for the rental car insurance was temporarily funding.

I've test driven the current Miata soft top.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:35 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
I said I compared them in 2011, you countered with they aren't comparable and then I pointed out once again that I had indeed compared them. In my mind they were among the potential replacements for the rental car insurance was temporarily funding.

I've test driven the current Miata soft top.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but I said:

"The GTI isn't comparable to the Miata," to which you responded "Of course it is."

And it still isn't comparable, whether or not you chose to compare them. If you chose to compare a Rolls Royce to a Kia, that still doesn't make them comparable.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:50 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Not to put too fine a point on it, but I said:

"The GTI isn't comparable to the Miata," to which you responded "Of course it is."

And it still isn't comparable, whether or not you chose to compare them. If you chose to compare a Rolls Royce to a Kia, that still doesn't make them comparable.
I compared them and found the Miata lacking. I also in the end found the GTI lacking and selected a hard top convertible with 2 doors and 4 seats. All told I compared six cars, all comparable within the context of the comparison.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:02 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
I compared them and found the Miata lacking. I also in the end found the GTI lacking and selected a hard top convertible with 2 doors and 4 seats. All told I compared six cars, all comparable within the context of the comparison.
Cool. The newest Miata, though significantly improved, is indeed somewhat of a bare-bones vehicle (deliberately) lacking certain amenities. That's what makes it attractive to roadster fans. I'd buy one of the new MX-5 RF's if I could fit into it, but I don't come close. FWIW, I currently drive a Mazda6, a car offering a great driving experience, reliability, looks and fuel economy at a very affordable price.