Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteos View Post
Every last member of Hamas that engages in war, terrorism and hatred. Then perhaps the remaining Palestinians and Israelis can live in peace.
There is a very great difference between wishing for the violence perpetrated by a group to cease and wishing for their deaths to the last individual. One is good. The other is evil. One is wise. The other is foolish. I'll leave it to you to figure out which is which.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
You think that is a reasonable statement? You think that's what logic says is necessary? It is very emotional. It is hate speaking, and hate is hate.

I don't say be a robot, and have no reaction to atrocities. I just say be able to set the emotion aside, to give yourself more options, not less. And I say when you think human beings are vermin, think a second time. And as many more times as necessary.

Otherwise, you become less of a human yourself. Otherwise, what can you not do to them, who are, after all, vermin? Otherwise, the gate is opened to a war of not-men vs. not-men.
OK...OK Don for christ's sake. But please can you acknowledge that the jihadists are murderous barbarians and religious bigots without having to mention that Bibi is a prick in the same sentence?
Old 10-23-2015, 08:37 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
OK...OK Don for christ's sake. But please can you acknowledge that the jihadists are murderous barbarians and religious bigots without having to mention that Bibi is a prick in the same sentence?
Sure. I acknowledge that there are jihadists who are murderous barbarians and religious bigots.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
There is a very great difference between wishing for the violence perpetrated by a group to cease and wishing for their deaths to the last individual. One is good. The other is evil. One is wise. The other is foolish. I'll leave it to you to figure out which is which.
I wish for the violence to cease.

And I do not wish the perpetrators of such horror walk away.

Do serial killers get to walk away and live normal lives because they decide they don't want to do it anymore?

Once you've committed atrocity on the scale that these people have. There is no going back. Hopefully we will wage war and kill them in combat. But that is at the sacrifice of brave and noble men.

These monsters that subjugate all around and know nothing but hate and death. They aren't human
Old 10-23-2015, 11:24 PM

One is not evil. One is justice. We stopped atrocities before and we were right to do so. Doing that again is also the wise and moral action.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Sure. I acknowledge that there are jihadists who are murderous barbarians and religious bigots.
What do you think should happen to them?
Old 10-23-2015, 11:27 PM

Do you think the violence and atrocity of groups like Isis Will stop without being stopped? Of course it will. Once they've killed everybody else.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:30 PM

These aren't emotional statements. This is fact. You don't let a rabid dog run around biting people. You prove to me that Isis Is better than a rabid dog. I will quit this site.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteos View Post
These aren't emotional statements. This is fact. You don't let a rabid dog run around biting people. You prove to me that Isis Is better than a rabid dog. I will quit this site.
I don't think you have to worry about that, unless there's a member here who's more inane than I thought possible.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:23 AM

Ike. I don't always agree with you. But when it comes to Israel.. I'm on team Ike.