Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Any veteran, anywhere, any date of death. But it's just a little GI headstone....

http://www.cem.va.gov/hmm/

on edit: oops--crosspost....
I wonder if private cemeteries try to force you to buy one of their tombstones....the rule states that the VA will give you a stone if your grave is unmarked....that is a profit loss for the graveyard or the stone cutter!
Old 08-14-2014, 10:06 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
"According to United States Code found in Title 4, Chapter 1 pertaining to patriotic customs and observances:" Wiki
§8(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

but then you knew this...
Tell that to the shithead that lives behind me.

BTW, guess what kind of bumper stickers adorn his pickup....

Dave
Old 08-14-2014, 10:08 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I wonder if private cemeteries try to force you to buy one of their tombstones....the rule states that the VA will give you a stone if your grave is unmarked....that is a profit loss for the graveyard or the stone cutter!
My experience, interring the parents in the already-owned family plot, is that the cemetery people did not concern themselves, and you deal with a memorial dealer for the stone. I never heard from the cemetery, any necessary arrangements for the interment were made by the funeral director. But other places may make an effort to get in on the action as you suggest, don't know.

You'll probably have to pay a memorial outfit to place the GI stone, it seems.

Last edited by donquixote99; 08-14-2014 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:12 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
http://www.benefits.gov/benefits/benefit-details/276

Damn, you were right Don.

I get a free tombstone too!

I've seen these in boneyards before but I never realized what they were!

I like it.

Simple and tasteful and best of all Free!

You know how us liberals like Free Stuff!

I can't wait till I get mine!

I wonder if I can get mine before I die? I would have the following engraved on the back;

"Thinks anyone who blindly supports everything the military does is an idiot."

Dave
Old 08-14-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I don't think so but there are ongoing grounds maintenance costs to consider.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2014, 06:40 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
I use pattern recognition.

Like the dude said

Once you know what part someone is playing you know everything you need to. So I look for a pattern to emerge. When you get good at it all you have to hear is a line or two of the script and you know exactly where it's going.

I had Zeke's number after the first post he made in the 18 and Dead Thread.
I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

Last edited by JJIII; 08-15-2014 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:26 AM
Banned

I'll take a run at this one and attempt to be as reasonable and serious as possible.

Quote:
How much compliance would have been enough?
Don't lay hands on the cop and don't be a smart-ass.

Quote:
They supposed to smile, and say 'yes sir' a lot?'
Smile is not required. Smile has never been required. Smiling at a cop who's in the process of doing is job (which is anything but chatting over a cup of coffee at the diner) is being a smart-ass.

Quote:
The guys would probably have cracked their heads for being smart-ass if they'd done that.
Which guys? Every guy? Every cop would probably have cracked their head for smiling and saying 'yes sir'? Your TJ is showing, Don. You get your head cracked for being a smart-ass or for resisting instruction and direction with or without smart-ass. When a cop says, 'go stand over there', you just go stand over there. And in fact, if you just go stand over there without saying 'yes-sir', you're still OK. Any cop anywhere will take two steps when you refuse a direction, they will take your arm and lead you there, and when they take your arm, if you resist...they will taze you, teargas you, or crack your head. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it, Brown knew it and laid hands on a cop anyway.

Quote:
They were enemies, after all, so nothing they did was going to be right.
Nothing anybody does is right with the cops much of the time. So just say 'yes sir' or yes ma'am' (don't be a sexist, Don), and everything will be all right. You may have done something to get you sighted or arrested, but you won't get tazed, gassed, your head cracked, or shot. If you're black or Latino you may have done nothing but be there to get you stopped, sighted, or arrested...but even then, you won't get tazed, gassed, your head cracked open or shot. It's not right...but my goal in life is to minimize injury (particularly to my skull) and stay alive. When you've been stopped by the coppers is not the time to get righteously obstinate and start fucking around. It's just plain, flat out, fucking stupid.

Quote:
There seem to be big questions about the compliance demanded in Ferguson. Enough that those cops who hassled reporters for no good reason (except that it's suggested they were just following orders) are re-lieved. State Police in charge now.

If you think this incident has as much to do with that as anything else, you catch on fast.
Ferguson may be a shithole with belligerent cops. Forest Park, IL is decent neighborhood with belligerent cops. My brother and I are living proof. Anybody of any color who isn't wandering around aimlessly on an active warrant can manage an interaction with the Forest Park cops or the Ferguson cops without getting tazed, gassed, wacked or shot.

PS - if you think the state coppers are any less direct and aggressive you're kidding yourself. You get the same smirking "Your driver's license and registration...sir.", BS from the state cops as you do from the municipal authorities. Resist direction from a state trooper and you're on your face in the roadway with a knee on your back and a knee on the back of your neck just like you are in the streets of Chicago or Ferguson, MO. You can get hurt or not get hurt...it's up to you.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 08-15-2014 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Tell that to the shithead that lives behind me.

BTW, guess what kind of bumper stickers adorn his pickup....

Dave
Sounds like a Beer Summit is in order.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
I use pattern recognition.

Like the dude said

Once you know what part someone is playing you know everything you need to. So I look for a pattern to emerge. When you get good at it all you have to hear is a line or two of the script and you know exactly where it's going.

I had Zeke's number after the first post he made in the 18 and Dead Thread.
I have had Tom's number since I came to this site. An irate dick that doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. He is bigoted and lost indavidual.

This punk kid that he is fighting for is a suspct in a convenience store robery (with Video ID). Not to mention photos of him flashing gan signs on the web.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:52 AM
Banned

It took a week for the police dept. to get this out...?

Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson Shot and Killed Michael Brown After Alleged Robbery - http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ael-brown.html