Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:47 AM

EPA Conducting Tests on Human Subjects

My, my. This is interesting.

"In response to a congressional request, we conducted this review to determine whether the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) followed applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures and guidance when it exposed human subjects to diesel exhaust emissions or concentrated airborne particles. In particular, we reviewed five studies that the EPA conducted during 2010 and 2011 to determine whether the agency (1) obtained sufficient approval to conduct these studies; (2) obtained adequate informed consent from the human study subjects; and (3) adequately addressed adverse events that occurred during the studies."

"The agency conducted tests on people with health issues and the elderly, exposing them to high levels of potentially lethal pollutants, without disclosing the risks of cancer and death."

"These experiments exposed people, including those with asthma and heart problems, to dangerously high levels of toxic pollutants, including diesel fumes. ... The EPA also exposed people with health issues to levels of pollutants up to 50 times greater than the agency says is safe for humans."

" The IG’s report found that the EPA did get consent forms from 81 people in five studies. But the IG also found that “exposure risks were not always consistently represented.”

"“Further, the EPA did not include information on long-term cancer risks in its diesel exhaust studies’ consent forms,” the IG’s report noted. “An EPA manager considered these long-term risks minimal for short-term study exposures” but “human subjects were not informed of this risk in the consent form.”

"According to the IG’s report, “only one of five studies’ consent forms provided the subject with information on the upper range of the pollutant” they would be exposed to, but even more alarming is that only “two of five alerted study subjects to the risk of death for older individuals with cardiovascular disease.”

"No one was killed during the test, but a source close to the issue says that one test subject — a 58-year-old obese woman with medical problems and a family history of heart disease — was ordered to go to the hospital by the EPA after being exposed to “ambient air pollution particles” in October 2010.

Other test subjects also experienced health problems during their testing. One subject developed a persistent cough after being exposed to ozone for 15 minutes in April 2011 and two other subjects suffered from “cardiac arrhythmias” during testing in 2010 after being exposed to “clean air.”

I wonder who these human test subjects are? I wonder who would voluntarily subject themselves to " dangerously high levels of toxic pollutants", and why? Are these test subjects paid? If so, I wonder if they're paid commensurate to the risks they're exposing themselves to by our loving, caring EPA?

Hmmm......

http://www.scribd.com/doc/215909101/...Study-Subjects
http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/02/re...admins-agenda/
Old 04-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Admin

How about all the pollutants that we are subjected to daily by your masters of the universe? Oh, that's right-it's just business .

You want a hmmmm?

Chromium 6 levels in my town are getting attention lately.
http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-n...#axzz2xqMPOP5q
Old 04-03-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
How about all the pollutants that we are subjected to daily by your masters of the universe? Oh, that's right-it's just business .

You want a hmmmm?

Chromium 6 levels in my town are getting attention lately.
http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-n...#axzz2xqMPOP5q
Squirrel!!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Ready

The EPA should be scrutinized and there should be personal consequences if anyone improperly risked the health of these dozens and dozens of subjects.

That said, there must be no slackening of the EPA's regulatory efforts to protect millions and millions of persons from the capitalists. We know from hundreds of year's experience that capitalists will fight to enrich themselves by endangering the public with reckless negligence and malicious disregard in their environment-damaging operations.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:11 PM

The Daily Caller:

Report: EPA tested deadly pollutants on humans to push Obama admin’s agenda

"The Environmental Protection Agency has been conducting dangerous experiments on humans over the past few years in order to justify more onerous clean air regulations."

Wow! Really sinister, huh? I'll bet they fed the subjects aborted fetuses without telling them too!

"Loaded language" much? But what do you expect from Tucker Carlson?

Whell, we live in an imperfect world. The people charged with this study made some errors which the EPA has both willingly disclosed and taken exception to.

"An EPA manager considered these long-term risks minimal for short-term study exposures. We believe presenting consistent information about risks further ensures that study subjects can make the most informed choice about participating in a study."

John
Old 04-03-2014, 01:15 PM
Ready

My comment should not be taken to endorse in any way the ridiculous scandal-mongering of a OTT propaganda outlet like the Daily Caller.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:18 PM

EPA Conducting Tests on Human Subjects

Now, for the rest of the story:

http://www.desmogblog.com/2012/10/11...scare-campaign
Old 04-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Squirrel!!
That load of crapola deserves three chipmunks.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
The Daily Caller:

Whell, we live in an imperfect world. The people charged with this study made some errors which the EPA has both willingly disclosed and taken exception to.

John
Fine and dandy. Doesn't really address my questions though.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Fine and dandy. Doesn't really address my questions though.

I believe the link I provided above will answer all your questions, Whell. And, as a bonus, the link reveals facts that squash your inflammatory launch post.