Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by simi View Post
I tell you whell, between you and DJ bringing up any little thing you can trying to discredit a very large movement with a couple bad instances..
It's the typical discredit the messenger tactic that the GOP employs with great frequency and gusto, particularly if the message is resonating with the American people. Hell, that's all Limbaugh does. I suppose Whell and DJ have taken Rush's tactics to heart.

If it's any consolation, DJ was trumpeting the virtues of Trump as a Presidential candidate a while back. As for Whell, sometimes I think he's my mother-in-law with a pseudonym with all his feigned outrage.

Last edited by finnbow; 10-24-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:03 PM

Hate to say it, but Trump seems to be more genuine than any of the morons in this GOP run for the house we got now. Not saying that's a good thing, but just a thought.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
They used to have underage pages.. and because of your buddy politicians pawing at them all the time they changed the rules some..

Here.. this is an even later incident that what I was refering to.. but it's still one of your party boys..

Sorry I gotta hit you with proven facts here instead of looking for something like an unknown guy crapping on a car to discredit your people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Fo..._page_incident

This is the guy I was originally thinking of..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Fo..._page_incident

Also, the name Hinson ring any bells?

Need to check your closet before you point a finger, because you got 4 more pointing back at the crowd you seem to root for.
Oh, I get it. The "your guys are no worse than ours are" defense. Brilliant. Well, if we're going to play that game, at least the Repubs get their guys to step down. For the Dems, such indiscretions are converted into resume enhancements.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
It's the typical discredit the messenger tactic that the GOP employs with great frequency and gusto, particularly if the message is resonating with the American people. Hell, that's all Limbaugh does. I suppose Whell and DJ have taken Rush's tactics to heart.

If it's any consolation, DJ was trumpeting the virtues of Trump as a Presidential candidate a while back. As for Whell, sometimes I think he's my mother-in-law with a pseudonym with all his feigned outrage.
Hey, someone's gotta play the role of the token righty around here. The board would be boring if we righties didn't show up and tweak you guys.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:23 PM

Not tweakin me... just pointing out how ridiculous you look trying to use minor things... Find us something big and we'll have a real discussion...

Find me something your side believes in that is well respected by most of the country. Right now, most of the country is taking the left side of the OWS agreeing the GOP (along with the dems) is really screwing up this country.

I was just pointing out things you seemed not to remeber before pointing at the other side. Showing how foolish you look trying to do what you are.

I could care less right or left.. I just wish people coupld open their eyes and see the truth instead of spewing lame media talking points.

Last edited by simi; 10-24-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:31 PM

Seriously guys, I think we all know the right is the party of Christian Conservative values. I can guarantee you that if ANYONE had seen a 14 year old girl get so much as an assgrab at any of the TEA parties I've been to, the grabber would have had his ass kicked in short order. You know us righties, clinging to our guns and Bibles right? I'm taking the "one bad actor" doesn't ruin the whole movement position on this, but they are getting harder to take seriously. Some reporters are saying that they all smell like urine. I love my country, and would gladly go to war if they would take my old crippled up ass, but man, I also think I'd protest only where sanitary conditions existed. It looks like a lot of these groups are getting downright nasty.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Seriously guys, I think we all know the right is the party of Christian Conservative values. I can guarantee you that if ANYONE had seen a 14 year old girl get so much as an assgrab at any of the TEA parties I've been to, the grabber would have had his ass kicked in short order. You know us righties, clinging to our guns and Bibles right? I'm taking the "one bad actor" doesn't ruin the whole movement position on this, but they are getting harder to take seriously. Some reporters are saying that they all smell like urine. I love my country, and would gladly go to war if they would take my old crippled up ass, but man, I also think I'd protest only where sanitary conditions existed. It looks like a lot of these groups are getting downright nasty.
I suppose I'm tiring of OWS, but for a different reason. As for demonstrations, make your point, make it well, and make it often (if you wish). However, the message gets lost once one turns their protest into a permanent fixture. For example, there are demonstrators at Lafayette Park in front of the White House who have been there for years. At best, they considered eccentrics. At worst, there just a permanent part of the scenery and ignored.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:51 PM

Nah Pat.. that's lady is a tourist attraction. I see people over there all the time taking pictures with her in the background with their friends and family.. lik they're at the zoo or something.

I gotta admit though, I think the OWS is off track now and won't be taken near as seriously as they were at first and I'm losing faith in them. However, I wonder if they are just getting ready to hunker down for the winter and really come out swinging in the sping after they've had time to really think about things.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Find me something your side believes in that is well respected by most of the country.
I'm curious what "side" you think I'm on?
Old 10-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I'm curious what "side" you think I'm on?
Quote:
the token righty
?????????