Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswiththum View Post
I'm not coming to any conclusions - legally, there have been none regarding the accusations against Clinton or Cosby.

The circumstances struck me as similar - both powerful men good at their jobs, both accused by multiple women of sexual crimes; the wives of both men attesting to their innocence and questioning the motives of the accusers.
Heaven forbid! That would take courage.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
And Clinton is not?
No, Clinton isn't a predator. At worst, he's a seducer, a "rogue" who uses persuasion rather than force to get what he wants.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:44 PM
Jigsawed

I believe the term "predator" could be applied to Clinton, especially in cases where, within an organization, there is a huge difference in his power and the lady's.

Last edited by Dondilion; 12-22-2015 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I believe the term "predator" could be applied to Clinton, especially in cases where, within an organization, there is a huge difference in his power and the lady's.
Power is attractive as well as compulsive. Who's to say whether Clinton used his power to attract or to compel but, if we believe what Monica Lewinsky had to say on the subject, it was all attraction.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
And Clinton is not?
I don't think so. If he is, it makes most of us predators at one time or another. Maybe we all are, then.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Could be applied to many males as normal behavior in fact. Getting called to account for it isn't certain, which makes it a game for such folk.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2015, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Never plied a young lady with the grape or the herb to get her into bed, Don? There might have even been a girl or two who would have never done the deed with me if I was the sample room guy and not the assistant director of purchasing.

You can call me Ray or you can call me Jay, but you doesn't has ta call me Clinton.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 12-22-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:08 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Power is attractive as well as compulsive. Who's to say whether Clinton used his power to attract or to compel but, if we believe what Monica Lewinsky had to say on the subject, it was all attraction.
This is just one of the desperate plays out of the right wings "stop Hillary by any means possible" plan. Bring up the Clinton/Lewinski thing as much as possible in the hopes that somehow a 20 plus year old affair on the part of her husband will hurt Hillary in the election. It's despicable, but then thats what the right wing does.

Here's another example of it that is in the news today.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/frustrated-...070117557.html

Quote:
Don Lemon had a pair of guests on his CNN program Tuesday to discuss Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump’s recent comments about former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s loss to President Barack Obama back in the 2008 Democratic primary. He was hoping to have a conversation as to whether it was presidential for Trump to say, “[Clinton] was going to beat [Obama,] she was favored to win, and she got schlonged.”

However, his guest Kurt Schlichter instead was determined to bring up President Bill Clinton’s affair with Monica Lewinsky. “[I]t’s gonna take a lot more for me to get upset at a woman who enabled a guy who turned the Oval Office into a frat house and his intern into a humidor,” he quipped.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswiththum View Post
After another look, I realize the above could apply to the Clintons as well.
Why would Hillary be blamed for something Bill did anyway? She had nothing to do with Monica. Very sexist attitude.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Differences in power and position occur all the time. Monica Lewinsky has been very honest about how powerful men can be very appealing to women, and specifically as in her case at the time, younger women. Because she made herself available to Clinton doesn't make him a predator. It makes him an emotionally regressed sex addict who can't keep it in his pants when it's time to make the choice, as addictions speci@list John Lee put it over lunch one afternoon, "the balance between commander in chief of the most powerful nation on the face of the earth vs. ...blowjob". (One of the senior ladies at the table that day almost spit her mouthful of salad back on her plate.)

How many of us had a friend or friends with benefits back in the single days who knew it wasn't going to go any further than that, but who wouldn't have given us a second look if we were the busboy at the Cracker Barrel or the bicycle delivery guy.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 12-23-2015 at 09:51 AM.