Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-10-2015, 11:09 AM
Persona non grata

You Cannot Be a Republican and a Christian

Amen.

Quote:
No one in American life today proclaims their allegiance to Christ more conspicuously than those who have rejected most of what Christ actually taught: Republicans. The modern Republican Party’s hell-bent embodiment of nearly everything Christ warned against has become so serious that we have to call it out. You cannot be a Republican and a Christian.
Quote:
The reason that you cannot be a Republican and a Christian is that today’s Republican Party doesn’t appear to stand for anything but what Christ strenuously rejected, like organized violence, self-righteous division, and greed. To say the least, this is hard to square with Christ’s teachings and example. I am not a Christian, and I’m certainly no Biblical scholar, but you don’t have to be. It’s not hard to tell the difference between who is and isn’t really a Christian, and Republicans, you’re not.
continued
Old 04-10-2015, 11:35 AM

Facts are facts, Jesus was a so************************t. Any "Christian" who thinks otherwise should read the Bible for themselves.

A true GOP Christian:
Quote:
Televangelist Pat Robertson used millions in aid donations meant for Rwandan refugees to fund his personal diamond mining venture in the Congo, according to a new documentary scheduled to debut Friday at the Toronto International Film Festival.

The film, Mission Congo, is discussed In a report issued Thursday, Sept. 5, by Chris McGreal of The Guardian. McGreal reports that the film depicts how Robertson diverted millions in charitable donations meant for his nonprofit Operation Blessing International to fund his own personal diamond mining operation in Africa.

After the Rwandan genocide in the early ’90s, Robertson called on his viewers to donate to Operation Blessing, which he said would help desperate refugees; instead, pilots who worked for Operation Blessing were actually transporting mining equipment to a Robertson-backed diamond mining outfit hundreds of miles away in the Congo.

http://www.examiner.com/article/pat-...ond-mine#print

Carl
Old 04-10-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
Facts are facts, Jesus was a so************************t. Any "Christian" who thinks otherwise should read the Bible for themselves.

A true GOP Christian:

Carl
This was actually reported contemporaneously but it received a big "ho-hum'" from everyone. Hopefully, it'll get some traction now.

John