Old 11-28-2016, 11:48 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
What a dumb-assed sentiment.

Oh, I'm sorry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1ywt3gml3M
Old 11-29-2016, 09:00 AM

For a "populist" PG sure seems to be picking a bagger cabinet....oh wait baggers vote against their own self interests. Looks like he wants to assault patients. All those forgotten men and women who rely on medicare to help pay for the care of elderly patients will be eagerly waiting for those vouchers to arrive in the mailbox

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...6hwwig4vl323xr

Last edited by icenine; 11-29-2016 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:18 PM

Trump Goes After Wallstreet NOT!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b058ce7aa8b9c0
Old 12-09-2016, 06:20 PM
Admin

Steve Bannon, "the Leni Riefenstahl of The GOP".

'Stephen Bannon found inspiration in ancient thinkers, Ronald Reagan and Nazi propaganda' LA Times

"In the 1990s, long before Stephen K. Bannon became the chairman of Breitbart News and one of Donald Trump’s top advisors, he was just another guy in Beverly Hills who liked Shakespeare and wanted to make movies.
The Navy veteran and former Goldman Sachs investment banker was a feverish reader who kept books neatly stacked on the floor of his condo that couldn’t fit on his shelves. Bannon had the tastes of a liberal-arts major, sampling ideas from ancient civilizations all over the world. He liked Sun Tzu’s “Art of War” and the Bhagavad Gita, the Hindu holy book, according to his former longtime writing partner, Julia Jones.

“Before 9/11, he was different,” said Jones, a liberal who fondly remembered discussing philosophy with Bannon. “He talked about Plato and Socrates all the time.” At one point the pair developed a proposal for a TV show to feature philosophers from a wide range of traditions, including non-European mystics and shamans.
But Bannon, who kept a photo of Ronald Reagan over his desk, started down a more hard-line path of conservative thought after the 2001 terrorist attacks, according to those who knew him during his time in Hollywood....

In the past, Bannon has repeatedly expressed his affinity for the technique of Nazi propaganda filmmaker Leni Riefenstahl, whose work in the 1930s glamorized the rise of Adolf Hitler. “One time we were in the office, and he said, ‘I want to be the Leni Riefenstahl of George Bush,’ and I was horrified,’” Jones said. (Jones said Bannon later amended his remark to say he wanted to be the Riefenstahl of the GOP" LA Times

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...209-story.html

Interesting article Herr Twitler's chief strategist, confidante and adviser.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:30 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Dude's a devious prick who likes to hide behind the curtain. I'm ashamed to admit he was the student body President at Virginia Tech my senior year. Maybe Michael Vick should sic the dogs on him.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:03 PM
Ready

Silly myth spinning: the Trump 'big victory'

Also, since when does the president-elect rate a White-House logo? Bordered in royal purple, note.

And see the meme that just got repeated by Joad: the CIA WMD slam?

Quote:
Translation: “A long time ago” is actually one month, and “one of the biggest Electoral College victories in history” is actually one of the least impressive. Here are the facts:

In terms of his Electoral College margin, which will probably end up at 306 to 232, Trump will rank #46 among the 58 presidential elections that have been held.
In terms of his popular vote margin, Trump will probably end up with the third-worst popular vote result, or if you prefer 56th ranked of the 58 winning candidates in history. (Obviously the 58 elections have produced 45 presidents, some of them winning two terms and FDR winning four.) This ranking is based on his losing the popular vote to Hillary Clinton by a little more than 2 percent, or a little less than 3 million votes. John Quincy Adams lost the popular vote by 10 percent in 1824 to Andrew Jackson, and also came in second in the electoral vote—but became president when the race went to the House, since none of the four candidates had an Electoral College majority. He is #58 out of 58, in terms of popular-vote mandate for winners. Rutherford B. Hayes, who won the electoral college while losing the popular vote by 3 percent to Samuel Tilden in 1876, is #57. Donald Trump, losing by 2 percent, is #56. Every president except J.Q. Adams and Hayes came to office with a stronger popular-vote mandate than Trump.

None of this changes the fact that Trump ended up ahead in this year’s electoral vote. But the next time you hear Trump, his campaign managers, his transition team, or anyone else call this a “landslide” or “one of the biggest victories ever,” remember the numbers. This is 46th out of 58 in electoral college terms, and 56th out of 58 in the popular vote.
James Fallows @ The Atlantic https://www.theatlantic.com/notes/20...donald/510239/
Old 02-05-2017, 06:01 AM

Can't believe this....

What a terrible thing to suggest:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000009
Old 02-05-2017, 08:12 AM
Ready

Fascists are always drawn to the idea of killing as a solution to opposition.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:58 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
This maggot should be burned at the stake.

And I don't mean that metaphorically.

I'm talking a genuine, bona fide, Game of Thrones style stake burning with all the trimmings.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:23 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
This maggot should be burned at the stake.

And I don't mean that metaphorically.

I'm talking a genuine, bona fide, Game of Thrones style stake burning with all the trimmings.
Doesn't that miss the point? The fault with his suggestion is that a violent response to political opposition and demonstrations in inappropriate.