Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-01-2017, 11:33 AM
icenine's Avatar
icenine icenine is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego via Vermilion Ohio and Points Between
Posts: 11,251
Or instead of a civil war the rebooted man becomes a TV evangelists, becomes famous,
stages a fake death on TV but before "dying" predicts his return as a messiah 10 years later.

Ten years pass and he is reborn on earth not looking a day older than when he staged his fake death a decade earlier. In another 10 years he does the same thing again only in the meantime having gotten control of the United States and Canada because people think he is God.

He does this for about a century, always returning looking as if he has never aged while he gradually takes over the world.

His only opposition is a small cadre of unbelievers who have caught onto his reboot, but just when they get close the rebooted man disappears for a another decade, while his fanatical followers run and control the world government, which is doing terrible things.

The rebooted man never really dies, but the opposition has to pass on its fight and resources from generation to generation since they are mortal and die. Known as the "Parents and Children of the Light" the opposition, dwindling in numbers because the assassins of the Rebooted Man are killing them off one by one, must find a firmware code so they can reboot one of their own.
__________________
Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-01-2017, 11:39 AM
icenine's Avatar
icenine icenine is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego via Vermilion Ohio and Points Between
Posts: 11,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
I'll have what he's having!
Actually I am suffering from a really bad gout attack.

So no everclear, vodka, bamboo shoots, chicken wraps or beer for you!
Plus I am having some surgery next week and I can't take motrin or nanaprox for the swelling. The prednisdone does not seem to make the swelling go down.
__________________
Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-01-2017, 12:00 PM
Pio1980's Avatar
Pio1980 Pio1980 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NE Bamastan
Posts: 7,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Actually I am suffering from a really bad gout attack.

So no everclear, vodka, bamboo shoots, chicken wraps or beer for you!
Plus I am having some surgery next week and I can't take motrin or nanaprox for the swelling. The prednisdone does not seem to make the swelling go down.
Well then, no thanx and never mind. I'll keep my osteoarthritis and memory blackouts.
__________________
I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-01-2017, 12:10 PM
Rajoo's Avatar
Rajoo Rajoo is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SF East Bay
Posts: 10,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Well then, no thanx and never mind. I'll keep my osteoarthritis and memory blackouts.
You too?
In the middle of a conversation, either not recalling a common word fails me or name of person that I know well. Sucks to be me some times.
__________________
“Freedom of speech is a principal pillar of a free government: When this support is taken away, the constitution of a free society is dissolved” Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-01-2017, 12:44 PM
donquixote99's Avatar
donquixote99 donquixote99 is offline
Ready
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 13,471
Blocking on things like that drives me nuts. Last night I wanted to label a parts drawer and couldn't come up with the noun "USB cable."
__________________
If things don't go right, go left!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-01-2017, 12:49 PM
donquixote99's Avatar
donquixote99 donquixote99 is offline
Ready
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 13,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Actually I am suffering from a really bad gout attack.

So no everclear, vodka, bamboo shoots, chicken wraps or beer for you!
Plus I am having some surgery next week and I can't take motrin or nanaprox for the swelling. The prednisdone does not seem to make the swelling go down.
Commiseration on the gout. It has just about got me off beer, which is actually good in a number of ways....

But chicken wraps??? Not on the gout bad list I wouldn't have thought. Like, they're the good alternative to a 1/2 lb bacon cheeseburger, aren't they?
__________________
If things don't go right, go left!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-01-2017, 01:11 PM
icenine's Avatar
icenine icenine is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego via Vermilion Ohio and Points Between
Posts: 11,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Commiseration on the gout. It has just about got me off beer, which is actually good in a number of ways....

But chicken wraps??? Not on the gout bad list I wouldn't have thought. Like, they're the good alternative to a 1/2 lb bacon cheeseburger, aren't they?
I had some rotisserie chicken Friday night in Pacific Beach that was garnished with bamboo sprouts and almost immediately had ankle pain. But it went away by next day. I drank some diluted Everclear and some Vodka that Sat night and nothing happened on Sunday. I stupidly thought two Beers would be better than vodka Sunday night and drank those. I think my uric acid level was high already when I ate a spicy chicken wrap Monday afternoon. My ankle exploded right after that.
__________________
Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-01-2017, 02:23 PM
barbara's Avatar
barbara barbara is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Well then, no thanx and never mind. I'll keep my osteoarthritis and memory blackouts.


I thought those memory blackout only happened to menopausal women. 😉
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-01-2017, 02:43 PM
d-ray657's Avatar
d-ray657 d-ray657 is offline
Loyal Opposition
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Johnson County, Kansas
Posts: 14,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
You too?
In the middle of a conversation, either not recalling a common word fails me or name of person that I know well. Sucks to be me some times.
I have been hoping that it is not the onset of Alzheimer's. I tend to pass it off by suggesting that the brain cells I killed in college are the ones that hold names.
__________________
Then I'll get on my knees and pray,
We won't get fooled again; Don't get fooled again
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-01-2017, 02:45 PM
donquixote99's Avatar
donquixote99 donquixote99 is offline
Ready
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 13,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I had some rotisserie chicken Friday night in Pacific Beach that was garnished with bamboo sprouts and almost immediately had ankle pain. But it went away by next day. I drank some diluted Everclear and some Vodka that Sat night and nothing happened on Sunday. I stupidly thought two Beers would be better than vodka Sunday night and drank those. I think my uric acid level was high already when I ate a spicy chicken wrap Monday afternoon. My ankle exploded right after that.
I looked again and chicken ranks right with beef in purines, and turkey is actually worse. I was in a red-meat-bad, white-meat-better mindset. So now I'm smarter. Too bad I just bought a turkey breast. Have to space that stuff out, in small portions....

Your chicken-wrap wasn't deep fried, was it? Very sizeable? Spinach/mushrooms in it? High corn-fructose ranch dressing maybe?
__________________
If things don't go right, go left!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.