Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-03-2017, 06:45 PM
finnbow's Avatar
finnbow finnbow is offline
Reformed Know-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 20,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
FWIW, I've never once clicked on one of your youtube links and don't plan to.
__________________
As long as the roots are not severed, all will be well in the garden.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-03-2017, 07:20 PM
Tom Joad Tom Joad is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 12,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
FWIW, I've never once clicked on one of your youtube links and don't plan to.
Well Pin a Rose on Your Nose.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-03-2017, 09:14 PM
whell's Avatar
whell whell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 10,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Then, why his tweet "@DanScavino: Ford to scrap Mexico plant, invest in Michigan due to Trump policies" when Trump has implemented exactly zero policies thus far? It takes a special kind of stupid to believe that Ford made a $1.6 billion dollar business decision based upon one of many mendacious Trump campaign promises.
The answers are out there if you care to look. For example:

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/03/bu...rump.html?_r=0

But the moves raise questions about how competitive the country’s auto industry can be if its manufacturing options shrink in Mexico, and what the implications will be for consumers. For now, at least, some executives are praising Mr. Trump’s economic plans.

“We are encouraged by the pro-growth plans that President-elect Trump and the new Congress indicate they will pursue,” Mark Fields, Ford’s chief executive, said at an event on Tuesday.

That same article cites a recognition of the fact that Trump has a sensitivity to off shoring jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You're the one who brought up my "unsustainable" comment made in reference to the Carrier deal (the details of which still have not been made public, BTW). It remains to be seen if the Trump administration is successful in creating jobs at a pace equal to that of Obama. Time will tell.
That's because you've used that term rather gloabally to refer to Trump's efforts to retain jobs. However, if Trump equals Obama's pace at creating or retaining jobs, particularly the type of jobs created in the past 8 years, I think Trump's presidency will be regarded as a failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I guess I'm just a bit more skeptical than you or Joad when it comes to reveling in the Wonders of Trump. Given his proclivity to lie and take credit for anything positive, a healthy dose of skepticism is warranted. Your attempts to convince the rest of us take Trump's self-serving claims at face value (like you obviously have) is highly entertaining though.
Everyone is skeptical. And no one is yet "reveling in the wonders of Trump". But the left has become absolutely unhinged since the election, and the mindless hatred on left at Trump is glaring. As evidence, it's difficult to find much in the media, certainly not in this thread, that indicates happiness about 700 jobs being created in Michigan. By contrast, Obama and company kept telling us "those jobs aren't coming back", we should accept this as the new normal, and government retraining was a worker's best hope.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-03-2017, 09:47 PM
bobabode's Avatar
bobabode bobabode is offline
Just Bob
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Behind the Orange Curtain in California
Posts: 32,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
The answers are out there if you care to look. For example:

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/03/bu...rump.html?_r=0

But the moves raise questions about how competitive the country’s auto industry can be if its manufacturing options shrink in Mexico, and what the implications will be for consumers. For now, at least, some executives are praising Mr. Trump’s economic plans.

“We are encouraged by the pro-growth plans that President-elect Trump and the new Congress indicate they will pursue,” Mark Fields, Ford’s chief executive, said at an event on Tuesday.

That same article cites a recognition of the fact that Trump has a sensitivity to off shoring jobs.



That's because you've used that term rather gloabally to refer to Trump's efforts to retain jobs. However, if Trump equals Obama's pace at creating or retaining jobs, particularly the type of jobs created in the past 8 years, I think Trump's presidency will be regarded as a failure.



Everyone is skeptical. And no one is yet "reveling in the wonders of Trump". But the left has become absolutely unhinged since the election, and the mindless hatred on left at Trump is glaring. As evidence, it's difficult to find much in the media, certainly not in this thread, that indicates happiness about 700 jobs being created in Michigan. By contrast, Obama and company kept telling us "those jobs aren't coming back", we should accept this as the new normal, and government retraining was a worker's best hope.
Needs more straw, Mike.
__________________
I am not a member of any organized political party.
I am a Democrat.' Will Rogers
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-03-2017, 10:10 PM
finnbow's Avatar
finnbow finnbow is offline
Reformed Know-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 20,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Everyone is skeptical. And no one is yet "reveling in the wonders of Trump"...
Except you, Tom Joad, and ZeroJunk - the 3 Musketeers of Trump sycophancy. In fact, you all look so very cute in your cheerleader outfits.

__________________
As long as the roots are not severed, all will be well in the garden.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-03-2017, 11:11 PM
bobabode's Avatar
bobabode bobabode is offline
Just Bob
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Behind the Orange Curtain in California
Posts: 32,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Except you, Tom Joad, and ZeroJunk - the 3 Musketeers of Trump sycophancy. In fact, you all look so very cute in your cheerleader outfits.

...and Trumpolini stiffed those little girls. Stay kkklassy Donnie.
__________________
I am not a member of any organized political party.
I am a Democrat.' Will Rogers
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-03-2017, 11:27 PM
whell's Avatar
whell whell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 10,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Needs more straw, Mike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Except you, Tom Joad, and ZeroJunk - the 3 Musketeers of Trump sycophancy. In fact, you all look so very cute in your cheerleader outfits.
The two of you ran out of gas - including having much of substance to post - on election night, and these two posts demonstrate that sad truth.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-03-2017, 11:48 PM
bobabode's Avatar
bobabode bobabode is offline
Just Bob
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Behind the Orange Curtain in California
Posts: 32,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
The two of you ran out of gas - including having much of substance to post - on election night, and these two posts demonstrate that sad truth.
You call the dreck you've been posting here "substantial"?

OK, that's some pretty funny shit there, Mike.
__________________
I am not a member of any organized political party.
I am a Democrat.' Will Rogers
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-04-2017, 05:07 AM
finnbow's Avatar
finnbow finnbow is offline
Reformed Know-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 20,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
The two of you ran out of gas - including having much of substance to post - on election night, and these two posts demonstrate that sad truth.
The guy who calls real news fake news and defends every boastful idiocy emanating from der Trumpenfuhrer criticizes others for lack of substance. That's some funny shit there, yo. Are you hoping for an ambassadorship to South Sudan or Uzbekistan?
__________________
As long as the roots are not severed, all will be well in the garden.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-04-2017, 05:44 AM
whell's Avatar
whell whell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 10,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
You call the dreck you've been posting here "substantial"?

OK, that's some pretty funny shit there, Mike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The guy who calls real news fake news and defends every boastful idiocy emanating from der Trumpenfuhrer criticizes others for lack of substance. That's some funny shit there, yo. Are you hoping for an ambassadorship to South Sudan or Uzbekistan?
Two more posts where the respondents want to make the thread about me, rather than the good news about what Ford is doing. Nothing new here folks. Let's move along.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.