Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-11-2015, 10:46 AM

Conservatism Thrives on Low Intelligence and Poor Information

Quote:
Listen to what two former Republican ideologues, David Frum and Mike Lofgren, have been saying. Frum warns that "conservatives have built a whole alternative knowledge system, with its own facts, its own history, its own laws of economics". The result is a "shift to ever more extreme, ever more fantasy-based ideology" which has "ominous real-world consequences for American society".
http://www.alternet.org/story/154082...or_information
Old 10-11-2015, 11:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post

I didn't know you where conservative.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:28 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
I didn't know you where conservative.
Sure. One half-assed little insult negates the content--which of course you didn't read anyway, and wouldn't have understood if you did.

I don't mean because you're stupid. I mean because you'd have to admit you've been way wrong, if you understood it. Most people will go to any lengths to avoid understanding stuff like that.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post

Another quote from the article:

Quote:
But, drawing on a sample size of several thousand, correcting for both education and socioeconomic status, the new study looks embarrassingly robust. Importantly, it shows that prejudice tends not to arise directly from low intelligence but from the conservative ideologies to which people of low intelligence are drawn. Conservative ideology is the "critical pathway" from low intelligence to racism. Those with low cognitive abilities are attracted to "rightwing ideologies that promote coherence and order" and "emphasise the maintenance of the status quo".
We see ample evidence of the validity of this study every day here. Every day. Virtually every right winger we interact with here is demonstrably stupid.

This may really piss some of us off but I'm beyond caring.....

I mean look at this exchange between bobabode and 4-2-7:

Quote:
bobabode: "Righties continually bleat about voter fraud which is more difficult to find than unicorns farting glitter and rainbows."

4-2-7: "Actually, there are documentaries, how electronic polling station software can be manipulated to change the actual vote anyway they want it to go.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this is being done when they have found manipulated machines."
See, the proof of the "rampant voter fraud" by millions of "illegals" is that political operatives with access to electronic voting machines can flip millions of legal votes with a single keystroke.

And then there's this:

Quote:
But what we now see among their parties – however intelligent their guiding spirits may be – is the abandonment of any pretence of high-minded conservatism. On both sides of the Atlantic, conservative strategists have discovered that there is no pool so shallow that several million people won't drown in it. Whether they are promoting the idea that Barack Obama was not born in the US, that man-made climate change is an eco-fascist-communist-anarchist conspiracy, or that the deficit results from the greed of the poor, they now appeal to the basest, stupidest impulses, and find that it does them no harm in the polls.
At present, voters who consider themselves to be conservatives have no idea what, in the political sense, conservative really means any more than they know what liberalism, libertarianism, so************************m or Marxism does. All they "know" is that people, usually with darker skins, are trying to steal their stuff and that commie libruls are trying to help them.

Last edited by Boreas; 10-11-2015 at 02:59 PM.