Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-30-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Are these the "weak-minded" individuals that The Guardian article refers to?

http://dailycaller.com/2014/12/28/fe...-of-dead-cops/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4ARsxrZh8
So your narrative is driven by 75 people in NYC? The fact there are only 75 people, proves that even though police behaviour resulted in a death, and many, many people wish ill on the bad cops, there are very few people who wish ill on all cops. At the same time, though, if all cops are being trained as Zeke claims, that resevoir of good will will rapidly be depleted. These killings are not attracting local, regional, or even national attention these days, they are gaining international attention. They are a stain on our ability to effectively direct policing.

You can find at least 500 people in NYC who are Raelians, waiting for the flying saucers to land and take them home to Mars.

And I'm certain I could find a thousand black people who have had the shit kicked out of them by wayward cops.

Here is one from outback Washington state, where a cop got to merrily club a fellow who had stopped his car to get the mail out of his mailbox, which upset the cop. As the cop beat the adult male, his adult sister got out of the car, which the brother had driven onto his private property, and she ended up arrested as well. Two of my brother's friends, who at the time were officers stationed at Ft. Lewis in Tacoma, saw the whole thing go down. Even though they testified and verified the civies' story, and the judge granted a protection order against the cop, the police chief refused to listen to anyone other than his cop. What judgement, eh?!

http://www.blscourierherald.com/news/93328229.html

The thin blue line of closing ranks and swallowing evidence and information locally has been totally subverted by social media and instantaneous worldwide communication. It is time for police departments and government legal departments to evolve the way they do business, or else they will see violent and deadly feedback from a portion of their aggrieved constituency. Stop escalating, and start thinking and evolving, before it is too late.

Last edited by sheltiedave; 12-30-2014 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:49 PM

Shouldn't people in certain professions of maintaining or upholding the law be held to a higher standard? A defendant misbehaves in court, he gets a contempt citation. An attorney misbehaves, he is looking at disbarment. So shouldn't cops and DA's be held to a higher standard?
Old 12-30-2014, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
It's clearly doctored. It's exactly the same between the "Dead Cops" chant and chant #3, a dirty edit and clearly faked with no corresponding jump in the video.
Ah, yes, the opinion of John, trained audiologist. Why he's been listening to stereos all his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Now, your first link. There's no audio AT ALL, just an assertion that such was chanted in the "notoriously liberal" city of Portland. The Daily Caller, Tucker Carlson's little diversion when he's not assaulting "homos" in public restrooms.

His and yours are the only weak minds in evidence.

John
Maybe your weak mind would accept it if the story came from "Progressives Today"?

http://www.progressivestoday.com/fer...-of-dead-cops/
Old 12-30-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
So your narrative is driven by 75 people in NYC?
Sure, why not? Hell, if two folks show up at a Tea Party really and say something stupid, your friends here on the forum would likely be posting it here as if it reflected mainstream thought of conservatives everywhere. So, I'd say 75 folks, based on standards set by your fellow forum members, is a very representative sample.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Shouldn't people in certain professions of maintaining or upholding the law be held to a higher standard? A defendant misbehaves in court, he gets a contempt citation. An attorney misbehaves, he is looking at disbarment. So shouldn't cops and DA's be held to a higher standard?

Seems to me that is exactly what is happening via peaceful protesters and their support from influential people/organizations. The public backlash is the tool being used to hold law enforcement accountable, albeit... At much slower pace than the public wants. But, bureaucracy, in general, is reactive rather than pro active. Law enforcement will have to make changes as the public keeps the pressure on.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:22 PM
Ready

Quote:
Ah, yes, the opinion of John, trained audiologist. Why he's been listening to stereos all his life.

Maybe your weak mind would accept it if the story came from "Progressives Today"?

http://www.progressivestoday.com/fer...-of-dead-cops/
Did you know that "Progressives Today" is a right-wing advocacy site? In the words of the founder, Jim Hoft:

Quote:
Two weeks ago we launched Progressives Today website. Our goal is to follow and publicly expose the radical elements of the institutional left.
found on Glen Beck's site: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014...Speed=noscript
Old 12-30-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Sure, why not? Hell, if two folks show up at a Tea Party really and say something stupid, your friends here on the forum would likely be posting it here as if it reflected mainstream thought of conservatives everywhere. So, I'd say 75 folks, based on standards set by your fellow forum members, is a very representative sample.
So you think Democrats actually believed that folks opposed to their political thinking were telling the truth that Obamacare was going to implement death squads, like you evidently give credence that these 75 blacks are going out to kill police?

Damn, maybe you do.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:29 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Did you know that "Progressives Today" is a right-wing advocacy site? In the words of the founder, Jim Hoft:

found on Glen Beck's site: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014...Speed=noscript
As Rick Perry would say, "Oopsie Daisey".
Old 12-30-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Audiology is a medical specialty. Be that as it may, whell, I can hear and what I hear is a fake.

Quote:
Two girls? Why, folks, it's a movement! The Portland Oh-ree-gone Massacree Movement!

But where are the mother rapers and father rapers?

Oh, wait! That would be you.

And, whell, "Progressives Today" is a right wing attack site dedicated to "finally hold(ing) the left accountable for their radical opinions, their destructive policies and their dangerous anti-American agenda."

You are such a fucking tool.

John

PS: I haven't been listening to stereos all my life. When I started listening to music seriously there was no stereo.

Last edited by Boreas; 12-30-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:01 PM

I could put forward a strong argument that the reaction of NYPD towards their mayor was way over the top. Yes, he was sympathetic to citizen's outrage to the choking of Garner. Choking of Garner was not only unwarranted, but the hold itself was questionable or illegal. Subsequently two NYPD officers were killed execution style by all accounts a deranged individual, who then committed suicide. Yes he left a message claiming to take two for one. But was this really premeditated revenge killing. I think not.