Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:40 AM
Persona non grata

GOP lawmaker vows to boycott pope's speech to Congress

I'm lovin the way the GOP hates this new Pope.

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-lawmaker-v...154425599.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Republican lawmaker said he will boycott Pope Francis' speech to Congress next week because of the possibility the pontiff will discuss his support for policies to fight climate change.

Quote:
Three-term Rep. Paul Gosar of Arizona said that as a Roman Catholic, he initially was excited to learn of the pope's visit to Washington and his address to Congress. But Gosar said he decided not to attend after he read media reports that the pope plans to devote much of the speech to advocating for what Gosar calls "flawed climate change policies."

In a column Thursday on the conservative website townhall.com, Gosar wrote that he was appalled by a papal teaching document that "condemned anyone skeptical of the link between human activity and climate change." He said that if the Pope stuck to standard Christian theology or spoke out with moral authority against violent Islam, "I would be there cheering him on."

If the pope "urged the Western nations to rescue persecuted Christians in the Middle East, I would back him wholeheartedly," Gosar added. "But when the pope chooses to act and talk like a leftist politician, then he can expect to be treated like one."
Old 09-19-2015, 09:48 AM

This Pontiff is set to gore many oxen. It will be a mixed reception for sure with something for everyone to like, or otherwise.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2015, 10:19 AM
Persona non grata

I saw an article that said that Chris Christie suggested that the Pope might be a closet Atheist. But I am not sure that the source is reliable. I haven't been able to find it on any source that I trust.

http://www.newslo.com/pope-concealed-atheist/

Quote:
“To be honest, I’m surprised they elected him as Pope. I think he’s actually an atheist or something who’s playing the lot of ‘em, and us along with them. There’s no way he believes in Christ with that kind of attitude. He’s just pretending to be one so they’d let him continue calling the shots in the Vatican. But I can see him for who he really is – an imposter and a liar,” Christie concluded.
It sounds a little over the top, even for Christie.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 09-19-2015 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:22 AM

Chris Christie might be a closet asshole.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I saw an article that said that Chris Christie suggested that the Pope might be a closet Atheist. But I am not sure that the source is reliable. I haven't been able to find it on any source that I trust.

http://www.newslo.com/pope-concealed-atheist/

It sounds a little over the top, even for Christie.
Pope Frank's a Jesuit. Conservalics (I just made that up. Do you like it?) have always suspected the Jesuits of being heretical, probably because they're frequently smarter and a lot better educated than the rest of the clergy.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Chris Christie might be a closet asshole.

Good one and an ample ass to boot. One cannot miss it.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:42 AM
Admin

George Will intones...

"Pope Francis embodies sanctity but comes trailing clouds of sanctimony. With a convert’s indiscriminate zeal, he embraces ideas impeccably fashionable, demonstrably false and deeply reactionary. They would devastate the poor on whose behalf he purports to speak — if his policy prescriptions were not as implausible as his social diagnoses are shrill.
Supporters of Francis have bought newspaper and broadcast advertisements to disseminate some of his woolly sentiments that have the intellectual tone of fortune cookies." WaPo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...679_story.html
Old 09-19-2015, 11:47 AM

One can only wonder what William B. Fuckley would have to say about all this.
He was essentially the always predictable American political spokesman for the Conservative Vatican.

Last edited by Pio1980; 09-19-2015 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Pope Frank's a Jesuit. Conservalics (I just made that up. Do you like it?) have always suspected the Jesuits of being heretical, probably because they're frequently smarter and a lot better educated than the rest of the clergy.

Yeah, they tend to like to murder these type (or at least used to).

This pope scares all right wing, conservative, christian patriots as he actually follows the words that are purported to be christs teachings. Most of these people have been talking about and pretending to be into christ but as they find that what their religion has taught them is mostly opposite of what we are told is christs teachings they freak out and want to kill the messenger.....