Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
I think a lot of the impressions we get are due to today's hell bent society. The young lad who picks up our UPS parcels came Thursday, recalling that he had a young daughter I asked how she was doing. His face changed immediately, becoming more lively as he told me about the new baby boy who was five months. Did the fact that I remembered (CRS does not always kick in) brighten his day? I truly hope so, he walked out with a 54 pound box in his arms as if it was a feather.

Spending a few moments in converstaion with tradespeople who come here costs me nothing. If it makes a difference in their day then I am glad.
Isn't amazing what happens to people when you treat them like they are somebody. It probably makes them feel like their name is in the phonebook.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 01-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Oh I am not talking about the ones I brought up. Its all the dipshits who dont know the meaning of the word No, who are popping out kids.

Not patting myself on the back but I am proud to introduce my kids to others. Some people should be ashamed of what they have done to the next gens..
Their were always parents who did not parent and there still are.

What kills me is when one of them becomes a national symbol of "it's ok to not be responsible for the actions of my kid" and runs for vice president and the negligent parents adore her.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Loyal Opposition

I'm afraid I am becoming habitually repulsed by SP. My wife brought home one of those check-out line magazines with SP and her daughter on the cover, each holding their babies, exclaiming, "we're happy we let them live." And she complains when anyone brings her family up in public. I'm just glad I saw it before I had my lunch.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 01-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Resident octogenarian

I am counting on her penchant for hoof and mouth disease to trip her up on TV, sooner or later she is bound to say something colossaly stupid.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
I am counting on her penchant for hoof and mouth disease to trip her up on TV, sooner or later she is bound to say something colossaly stupid.
But will Fox News' core audience consider it stupid?

I think she's found a home. As long as she's content and doesn't try to run for office ever again I suppose I'll be glad.

John
Old 01-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
True, but if a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound? (Will the GOP faithful who watch Fox report these gaffes?) We'll have to rely on late night TV comics to show us Palin in all her glory.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
True, but if a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound? (Will the GOP faithful who watch Fox report these gaffes?) We'll have to rely on late night TV comics to show us Palin in all her glory.
I am sure it will be edited out.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I'm afraid I am becoming habitually repulsed by SP.

Regards,

D-Ray
I am proud to say that I have been repulsed by Sarah right from the beginning.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
I'm afraid I am becoming habitually repulsed by SP. My wife brought home one of those check-out line magazines with SP and her daughter on the cover, each holding their babies, exclaiming, "we're happy we let them live." And she complains when anyone brings her family up in public. I'm just glad I saw it before I had my lunch.

Regards,

D-Ray
I apologize if I have mislead anyone. The headline was actually "We're happy we chose life." The prior quote was an obviously biased paraphrase. I stand by the implication, however, that SP is a hypocritical opportunistic shameless unqualified egotistical nincompoop. And Rob, you are correct. At least with respect to my own desires, she is not a MILF. I would rather look under the robe of a hairy Arab woman.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 01-17-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
...When our kids were toddlers, my wife and I agreed that whoever answered first, provided the definitive answer, and that the other parent was not the court of appeals.

It is amazing how much energy both the parents and the kids saved by not having to battle over whether "No" means "No."... Regards, D-Ray
that is probably one of the most illuminating things i have ever read, re raising kids.
thank you.