Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:59 PM

BK Abdicating To Great White North. Tax Inversion.

http://online.wsj.com/news/article_e...MDIwNDEyNDQyWj
Old 08-24-2014, 10:07 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Our tax code allows and even encourages tax inversions. The companies aren't to blame, our tax laws and corporate rates are. Politicians are too accustomed to selling tax breaks to want to kill the golden goose.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:25 PM

Join the boycott.

It seems like the one I go to in Murrieta is never really too busy. They are not the powerhouse they were in the 70s from what I remember. After church on Sundays when I was a kid we used to go to one in this area of Lorain Ohio that is really run down now...but the Burger King is still there. I do sort of like their chicken sandwiches and the big mac knockoffs they roll out periodically (was called the Big King in the 90s...they have one now). I was into their milkshakes recently...that is why I am on insulin now lol.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5710695.html
Old 08-26-2014, 07:31 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Join the boycott.

It seems like the one I go to in Murrieta is never really too busy. They are not the powerhouse they were in the 70s from what I remember. After church on Sundays when I was a kid we used to go to one in this area of Lorain Ohio that is really run down now...but the Burger King is still there. I do sort of like their chicken sandwiches and the big mac knockoffs they roll out periodically (was called the Big King in the 90s...they have one now). I was into their milkshakes recently...that is why I am on insulin now lol.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5710695.html
I've been boycotting BK and all other fast food burger joints for over 30 years. Can't stomach the stuff.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:09 AM
Rational Anarchist

Emily Litella

Last edited by nailer; 08-26-2014 at 08:23 AM. Reason: never mind.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I've been boycotting BK and all other fast food burger joints for over 30 years. Can't stomach the stuff.
I guess I like the taste of fast food although I do not eat more than once a week usually. A McDouble for $1.19 is a pretty tasty snack even though it is bad for you.

My philosophy is that Heaven may not have pizzas, so you better eat as many as you can here lol.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:52 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I guess I like the taste of fast food although I do not eat more than once a week usually. A McDouble for $1.19 is a pretty tasty snack even though it is bad for you.

My philosophy is that Heaven may not have pizzas, so you better eat as many as you can here lol.
I love pizza and burgers, but I can't stand industrial, fast-food versions of either (e.g., Pizza Hut, McD's, Burger King ...). The only thing I like from McD's is their coffee, and maybe a couple of their breakfast items in a pinch while on the road.

Pretty much the only fast food I eat is Subway while on the road if I was unable to pack something along.

Last edited by finnbow; 08-26-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I love pizza and burgers, but I can't stand industrial, fast-food versions of either (e.g., Pizza Hut, McD's, Burger King ...). The only thing I like from McD's is their coffee, and maybe a couple of their breakfast items in a pinch while on the road.

Pretty much the only fast food I eat is Subway while on the road if I was unable to pack something along.
Yeah their coffee is great ...it is only $1 here in San Diego for a large. Much better than Starbucks. I like Subway too but ate there so much I got tired of it.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:36 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I liked a quarter pounder occasionally, but now when I eat their food I literally feel lousy.

A Double Whopper with cheese is good I've heard you can request a Quadruple Whopper. It comes with a quadruple bypass.

And their long Chicken sandwich. I got a taste for them in the (juvie) joint. For as expensive as they usually are they must be making real money on them, because the 'center' only had $2.30/day per kid for food. Anyway if they pull this off I won't go there either.

The real issue, that nobody has mentioned - socially wonderful progressive Canada has a LOWER corporate tax rate than us?? Where's Rob?

Pete
Old 08-26-2014, 03:14 PM
Admin

Awkward, Berkshire/Hathaway is funding this to the tune of $3b. http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...826-story.html

Mebbe Dr. Cornel West is right about Obama?

Last edited by bobabode; 08-26-2014 at 03:17 PM.