Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-13-2021, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
If it helps, my views regarding you have nothing to do with appearance.
You're the one bringing up race.

I was referring to terminology. I maintain that the racist "People of color" thing is as much an insult as "colored people."

Maybe it's because you liberals are so young and just don't know anything. I'll be surprised if ANY of you weren't born in this century.

I on the other hand grew up in the South in the Sixties. I saw the REAL racism up close and personal. I'm the one who lost white friends because I developed friendships with blacks. I saw the WHITE ONLY signs, everywhere from North Carolina to Louisiana. I had to endure the George Wallace types, the segregationists, the bigots.

What we have today is a cartoon compared to back then. And the Sixties was kind of a cartoon compared to post Civil War reconstruction, when the Democrat KKK taught the country the true meaning of domestic terrorism.

Maybe it's because I have an education on the matter. Maybe I'm just a bit too hypersensitive to people who are allergic to facts, probably because I lived those facts.
Old 02-13-2021, 06:53 PM

So far you liberals have been doing precisely that with me.

Just so that you know.... I'm a conservative
Old 02-13-2021, 07:00 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleAng View Post

Please expand, Unc. I'm lost here.
Old 02-13-2021, 07:54 PM
Ready

Quote:

Doing precisely what? I also don't follow you.

There are reasonable conservatives of course, and you've shown no sign of being unreasonable or anything, quite the contrary. I feel conservatives have their priorities a bit wrong, but that need not stop them from being honest, decent people. The big problem these days is the radicalizing influence of the right wing propaganda, which is not actually conservative in content at all, they just exploit some conservatives tendencies to get started.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Doing precisely what? I also don't follow you.

There are reasonable conservatives of course, and you've shown no sign of being unreasonable or anything, quite the contrary. I feel conservatives have their priorities a bit wrong, but that need not stop them from being honest, decent people. The big problem these days is the radicalizing influence of the right wing propaganda, which is not actually conservative in content at all, they just exploit some conservatives tendencies to get started.
Trying to redefine conservatism? Think there is something wrong with the rule of law, free market capitalism, individual liberty? Is that what you disagree with? You'd prefer the government run our lives from womb to the tomb?

Tell us WHAT right wing propaganda you're referring to, that somehow differs from the Conservatism of William F. Buckley, Ronald Reagan, Rush Limbaugh or Donald Trump.

I recognize a kook factor in pretty much anything. But you WOKE types ARE the kook factor, period. There is nothing more fascist and Un-American than Cancel Culture. And that's your side of the aisle.

And there is no compromising with that.
Old 02-15-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reason10 View Post
So far you liberals have been doing precisely that with me. You don't know my race, religion, etc. But you have already racially profiled me.

The fact that you profile Florida, the most intelligent state in the union in a negative fashion means you don't know what you're talking about.
I didn't profile Florida, I profiled YOU. Are you a lily white rural Floridian?
Old 02-15-2021, 03:09 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reason10 View Post
Tell us WHAT right wing propaganda you're referring to, that somehow differs from the Conservatism of William F. Buckley, Ronald Reagan, Rush Limbaugh or Donald Trump.
Buckley and Reagan had a governing philosophy. Limbaugh and Trump didn't. They're entertainers for those like you who confuse "owning the libs" with governance.
Old 02-15-2021, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Buckley and Reagan had a governing philosophy. Limbaugh and Trump didn't. They're entertainers for those like you who confuse "owning the libs" with governance.
They are opportunistic demagogues outside of conservatism, cashing in as media clowns with no regard for the welfare or future of the Republic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demagogue
Old 02-15-2021, 09:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
I didn't profile Florida, I profiled YOU. Are you a lily white rural Floridian?
If you somehow imagine that you will get some moral authority with racist statements, you're sadly mistaken.
Old 02-15-2021, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
This only shows that you have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about.

Let's see. Reagan was a screen actor. Trump was a businessman. Entertainers?

And they were the two best presidents in the history of America.

I can see why you have a problem with The DOCTOR OF DEMOCRACY, since he almost single handedly ENDED the left wing monopoly on public opinion in the media. He also single handedly opened up an amazing world of talk radio where other very intelligent and talented minds could spread the word of market conservatism, the very concepts that make America work.

Right now, you sound like a KKK hack, filled with sheer hatred of what your small mind fails to understand.