Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:14 PM

When does it stop?

First we had to release a bunch of CIA memos for some sort of BS witch-hunt, now the ACLU is suing to get pictures of "abused" captives released? Can anyone explain to me what good either of these acts will accomplish? Will the PC left ever be happy, as long as America is a world power? I just wish that every miserable asshat out there that hates America, would just freekin leave it.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:29 PM

Since when does opposing the use of torture in my name make me a "miserable asshat that hates America"?

We're supposed to be the good guys! The "white hats"! It's hard to convince the world of that when we behave so poorly.

Information received under torture is notoriously unreliable. Torturing prisoners makes it much more likely our boys will have to go through it.

As far as I'm concerned, torture is un-American and anybody who would condone it really loses credibility.

The USSR was a superpower too. Did their ends justify their means?
Old 05-12-2009, 09:12 PM

Don't feed the trolls please.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I just wish that every miserable asshat out there that hates America, would just freekin leave it.
Trollin' trollin' trollin'. Keep them threads a 'rollin'... Rawhide!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Abby Normal

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,7759867.story

Obie put the troops first.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post

The problem with this is that the "photos" aren't the problem, the problem is what the photos show, and hiding the photos doesn't hide the truth of what happened, in fact one could easily argue that Obama is now going against his word to have a more open government, which will simply discredit him furhter and the main issue will not be resolved and it will come back to haunt us.

History is full of mistakes this country has made and refused to admit, it is also full of cases where we half heartedly admitted the mistake and then tried to white wash it, the problem is that doesn't absolve of us our collective guilt and I believe we are now just starting to see what the penalty for our sins will be.

Personally I think it is the duty of every citizen in this country to demand to be told what is being done in our name, because we all pay the price for the shadow games and crimes that have been ciommited in our name.

I respect your sevice to this country Rich, I would also point out that there are quite a few veterans who have served with honor and distinction who take issue with your view but it's refreshing to see you express it without calling everyone who disagrees with you an asshat.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:24 PM

Didn't mean to troll fellas, I just had my neck hair all up. As far as torturing some towel headed motherf@cker bent on killing American women, children, and old people, I'm all for it. Hell, they crack like little girls from such scary things as getting water poured up their noses, and caterpillars in their cells. I guess I just have my own reasons for hating them, that's all. I guess the America I'm talking about people hating, is the old one. The one that dropped atomic bombs on a people, to save her own sons. I guess I'm just old and set in my ways, and those ways are near about gone. The hell of it though, is I never noticed the changes. I never thought of myself as a right wing radical, but I guess that maybe I am. I sure don't know when that happened. Ha, on second thought, maybe it was the "tea party" thing after all.

I really wasn't trying to troll, but just throw a thread out to see who was who around here and get to know some folks.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
First we had to release a bunch of CIA memos for some sort of BS witch-hunt, now the ACLU is suing to get pictures of "abused" captives released? Can anyone explain to me what good either of these acts will accomplish? Will the PC left ever be happy, as long as America is a world power? I just wish that every miserable asshat out there that hates America, would just freekin leave it.
Hell yeah!

Rush Limbaugh for President!!!

Indy
Old 05-13-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independent View Post
Hell yeah!

Rush Limbaugh for President!!!

Indy
Why not, we'd just be adding to the long line of lying hypocrites who have sat in the big comfy chair.

I wish Powell would challenge him to a cage match though, I have a big problem with fat pompous asses making money spreading hatred and slamming someone who has served this country with honor and distinction when that fat ass hasn't done a damn thing he wasn't sure served himself first and foremost.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:29 AM
Resident octogenarian

Bad things are done in wartime, as the bumper sticker says excrement occurs. Go back to WW I, the war to end all wars, and poison gas. Go back to WW II and Coventry, Dresden and V1 and V2 bombs. Wars are mostly started by old men and fought by young men, it is the sole remaining obscenity we have.