Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:35 PM
Banned

Speaking of governors...

We got a new one here in Illinois who's gonna give Scott Walker a real run for his money. His name is Bruce Rauner...he's a billionaire corporate raider. Sort of a small-time Willard who's most recent claim to business fame is ownership of one of them most disgusting senior nursing facilities in the state of Illinois.

John Kass, Chicago Tribune muckraking poor excuse for Mike Royko, refers to Rauner as "Scott Walker on steroids."

He took a run at public employee unions last week. Illinois public employees who don't want to belong to their union aren't required to join or pay dues. However since they benefit from union collective bargaining, they do have to pay certain fees covering the unions cost of bargaining efforts and some other stuff. So Rauner issued an executive order (I thought them right-wingjobs hated the concept of the executive order these days), that would divert this fee money from the unions and put it in escrow and if the courts agree...would release it back to the workers, not the union. His own GOP comptroller nixed it. Rauner has a pretty ugly temper so...can ya hear the backroom intra-party screaming coming out of the governor's mansion, eh?

He's also already flip-flopped on a campaign promise that public employee unions would not be prohibited from collective bargaining on wages, benefits, and pensions, and now says they should only be able to negotiate on "hours, assignments and working conditions." So he's a goddamn liar just like our earlier governors...after promising that he was a businessman not a politician, and that politics in Illinois was gonna change.

Rauner is also dealing with an Illinois General Assembly with a House 71-47 Democrat, and a Senate 39-20 Democrat. Good luck with your legislation Bruce. We may have Scott Walker on steroids, but we do not have a cheesehead state legislature. So it's already pretty vicious here in blue country. Stay tuned.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 02-18-2015 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:33 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

He and Scott Walker may both be assholes, but they're both right with regard to public sector unions. His proposed changes are exactly what have been in place for Federal sector employees unions for decades. Public sector unions should contribute to the planning of annual picnics and office moves, but little else.

FWIW, FDR himself was strongly opposed to public sector unions. The unholy alliance that has grown between public sector unions and the Democratic Party results in all sorts of nefarious stuff, mostly huge deferred compensation programs that break the bank after the complicit politician is gone.

The labor movement has lost so much representation in the private sector that they now must rely upon public sector unions to undergird the foundering labor movement. That's not what public sector employees should be doing.

Last edited by finnbow; 02-18-2015 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:33 PM

I agree with Finn. I did read a long article about the new Illinois raider and truly feel sorry for the state in electing this guy.

Primary function of a union is to negotiate compensation from the management. Who is the management in the public sector? And why do public sector employees need a union? Mostly this unholy relationship bankrupts city and local governments or holds the tax payers hostage.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:36 PM
Admin

Go Union! A pox on anyone who says otherwise.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:52 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Pox reminds me of measles which is another subject that has gotten under my skin lately.

What a big freakin' deal that some parents choose not to get their kids rubella and/or measles vaccination.

You can't find a damned doctor in this country that can think independently. It's a joke. This is not polio we are talking about.

Let's face it, the real danger is to the pockets of the non working investor class.

If you can't compel 300 million to purchase a product you own...
Old 02-18-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Especially federal workers who are so coddled.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Pox reminds me of measles which is another subject that has gotten under my skin lately.

What a big freakin' deal that some parents choose not to get their kids rubella and/or measles vaccination.

You can't find a damned doctor in this country that can think independently. It's a joke. This is not polio we are talking about.

Let's face it, the real danger is to the pockets of the non working investor class.

If you can't compel 300 million to purchase a product you own...

You can die from measles. A parent who does not get their kids vaccinated is just stupid.
And dumb. And selfish. The same type of person who thinks they should be able to go to
Starbucks with an AK-47 slung over their shoulder for a Sunday morning latte.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:38 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Especially federal workers who are so coddled.
Federal, State, County and Municipal workers need representation too.

I don't give fuck all who they choose to support. It's a free country, supposedly.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Federal, State, County and Municipal workers need representation too.

I don't give fuck all who they choose to support. It's a free country, supposedly.

I was sort of being oblique lol....lets just say its easy to be anti-union when you get (or had) all the perks

I'm just giving everyone a hard time.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:46 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
You can die from measles. A parent who does not get their kids vaccinated is just stupid.
And dumb. And selfish. The same type of person who thinks they should be able to go to
Starbucks with an AK-47 slung over their shoulder for a Sunday morning latte.
Ayup. Two wingnuts of the same bird. Getcher lil' germwagons vaccinated or keep 'em in the house and away from the rest of society.

signed a childless loser.