Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Baseball too

I have a pothole on my street. Who do I call in Washington? Obama?

If they won't fix it personally at least they can tell the locals how to do it - or else.

Pete
Old 09-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Baseball too

If they won't fix it personally at least they can tell the locals how to do it - or else.

Pete
I thought you were strong on states rights, so why call Washington?
Old 09-16-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
In his column today David Ignatius described an interview with Lee Hamilton in which Hamilton described Congress as "The centrifuge". That about covers it, there is not a damn thing left in the "centre" whatever that is.

I wrote to Newshour today because I get tired of hearing all the teabaggers bitching about governmant spending. So where the hell were they when Bush and Cheney were pouring billions down that rathole called Iraq. No one ever asks them that. Maybe they are dumb enough to think that because B&C kept it off budget they were not real dollars?

They finally get an administration that tells them the truth and they go ballistic. It's no wonder our schools turn out such lousy product, their parents refuse to learn a damn thing. Everyone is so busy running around yelling "We're the greatest" they refuse to learn. Got news for y'all, better make that the past tense. People buy the cheap crap, our corporations will sell the country down the tubes for a few $$. The masters of the universe on Wall Street will kiss any arse for $$$. Oh, BTW on my shopping trip yesterday Sylvania still make light bulbs in the US of A, so screw you GE.
"The People" don't give a shit about government spending Republican style because they don't have to pay for it. It's like having a credit card where the bill never gets sent. What has them up in arms is the prospect of having to pay more in taxes to cover the tab.

John
Old 09-16-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Baseball too

Pete
KEEP YOUR STIMULATING HANDS OFF MY POTHOLE!!!

John
Old 09-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
In his column today David Ignatius described an interview with Lee Hamilton in which Hamilton described Congress as "The centrifuge". That about covers it, there is not a damn thing left in the "centre" whatever that is.

I wrote to Newshour today because I get tired of hearing all the teabaggers bitching about governmant spending. So where the hell were they when Bush and Cheney were pouring billions down that rathole called Iraq. No one ever asks them that. Maybe they are dumb enough to think that because B&C kept it off budget they were not real dollars?

They finally get an administration that tells them the truth and they go ballistic. It's no wonder our schools turn out such lousy product, their parents refuse to learn a damn thing. Everyone is so busy running around yelling "We're the greatest" they refuse to learn. Got news for y'all, better make that the past tense. People buy the cheap crap, our corporations will sell the country down the tubes for a few $$. The masters of the universe on Wall Street will kiss any arse for $$$. Oh, BTW on my shopping trip yesterday Sylvania still make light bulbs in the US of A, so screw you GE.
They don't care about spending money Bush and Cheney style because it was spent on war and the millitary. Spend it trying to provide medical coverage for the uninsured and they will hate you for life. Praise Jesus.

Gotta love the irony.

Dave
Old 09-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

We'll see how Obie's deficts run over the course of his Presidency.

Looks bad already.

Pete
Old 09-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Baseball too

Pete
That's an aberration that Congress has not seen fit to fix. They use the threat of removing baseball's exemption every once in awhile to give them an opportunity for grandstanding, like the steroid hearings.

To get your street fixed, you call the sub-commission on petemus maximus hole stimulus for an appointment. It's menu option no. 27. That's not to be confused with the sub-commission on maximus petermus hole satisfaction, which is a private number.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 09-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Lolol!