Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Abby Normal

Democrats See an Opening?

Do Democrats have a renewed shot at moderate voters because of a perception the Republican party is being taken over by tea-party extremists?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...247018126.html

Personally I don't see it. People are mad as hell and few voters will vote rationally IMHO. I see more lunacy from the right attracting mainstream votes as they become legitimized in the their eyes with victories here and there and continual support from Murdoch and friends.

Look at Sarah. If McCain had not legitimized her by putting her on the ballot she would be nothing more than she really is. A small town girl with a major ego problem.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Do Democrats have a renewed shot at moderate voters because of a perception the Republican party is being taken over by tea-party extremists?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...247018126.html

Personally I don't see it. People are mad as hell and few voters will vote rationally IMHO. I see more lunacy from the right attracting mainstream votes as they become legitimized in the their eyes with victories here and there and continual support from Murdoch and friends.

Look at Sarah. If McCain had not legitimized her by putting her on the ballot she would be nothing more than she really is. A small town girl with a major ego problem.
It would be logical but logic is in desperately short supply these days. On the other hand, I did hear that in exit polling 44% of the Republicans who voted for Mike Castle would vote for the Democrat if O'Donnell won - which, of course, she did.

John
Old 09-15-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'd like for you to do me a little favor. If you would, would you be so kind as to define how your any better than someone else, including Sarah? If it were to have been you in the spotlight with McCain rather than Palin, please define why Sarah shouldn't bitch about you, the way you bitch about her.

I've been trying to ask myself the same thing before bitching about someone else and after thinking about it, it keeps gettin' harder to bitch about others. I received that advice myself not long ago, and it gave me alittle to think about.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but I'd like for you to do me a little favor. If you would, would you be so kind as to define how your any better than someone else, including Sarah? If it were to have been you in the spotlight with McCain rather than Palin, please define why Sarah shouldn't bitch about you, the way you bitch about her.

I've been trying to ask myself the same thing before bitching about someone else and after thinking about it, it keeps gettin' harder to bitch about others. I received that advice myself not long ago, and it gave me alittle to think about.
No problem, ask me anything you like.
First off I never said I was better than anyone else. In a forum like this it's hard to tell but one of the nicknames I have in the real world that I am kinda proud of is "humble ed". So if you think I feel superior to anyone it's likely because of the cyber haze not because I harbor any thoughts of self grandeur.
Now as to Sarah.
You have to understand a few things. Sarah is a public figure hence she puts herself out there for evaluation. I would not have put myself in that position.
But I understand the theme of your post and I won't duck it, distort it or misdirect it.
I would earnestly think that Sarah would be incredulous if I were in her position. She would have no respect for what I value and I would have no qualms telling her that her narrow view of the world has left her unable to draw reasonable conclusions.
I think she was completely irresponsible (as was McCain) in accepting (and him offering) the nomination. I sincerely felt it was down right un-american for McCain and her to have come together in such a union.

Sarah simply does not know enough (common knowledge), is not intellectuality curious, is much to limited in terms of exposures and has shown extremely poor judgement which is best described as grossly immature, seems unable to engage in anything (other than self) with any consistency.
I would ask, how anyone could support or respect a person like this knowing that they have asked to represent the greatest country in the history of the world. That in and of itself is immensely insulting which is how I feel.

I have noticed with Sarah a strong bond, unnaturally so between her supports and herself. Folks identify with her so strongly that posting her overwhelming shortcomings is like posts of a child's shortcomings.

I would suggest that those that feel personally insulted by posts about Sarah evaluate themselves and ask why that is.

As to your philosophy about not judging others I completely agree. A public figure however by definition has asked to be evaluated and I would not be true to myself or my fellow Americans to not offer that evaluation. I do it in a political forum which seems pretty damned appropriate to me.

I would ask you, just as sincerely and none confrontational as you asked me, how could you support such a person and why do you identify so strongly with her. I bet if you look close you have very little in common with her.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Nancy Pelosi simply does not know enough (common knowledge), is not intellectuality curious, is much to limited in terms of exposures and has shown extremely poor judgement which is best described as grossly immature, seems unable to engage in anything (other than self) with any consistency.
I agree.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
I agree.
You can make a case the Nancy is a bitch and that you disagree with her policies but that's about all.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
You can make a case the Nancy is a bitch and that you disagree with her policies but that's about all.
She has mental health issues. I'm not a Sarah fan, but I don't pay her salary either. So in other words...WHO CARES???!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:51 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
WHO CARES???!
Well I think we all should. As I said when someone is in the public domain and asking that we allow them to represent us we have an obligation to care. To our country and our self.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Area Man

Oh, boy.............

Dave
Old 09-16-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Oh, boy.............

Dave
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water..........

John