Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-12-2016, 07:32 AM
Banned

California’s Carl’s Jr. Says So Long, Golden State

"Meanwhile, the Carl’s Jr. move puts more egg on the face of California and the political class in Sacramento."

http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...-golden-state/
Old 03-12-2016, 09:20 AM

Too bad they don't take their stores with them. Don't let the doors hit you on the way out.

Carl
Old 03-12-2016, 12:56 PM
Admin

Probably the shittiest fast food joint of them all.
Adios, pendejos.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
Too bad they don't take their stores with them. Don't let the doors hit you on the way out.

Carl
I'm sure they didn't. I'm pretty sure that the 9000 other businesses that have fled the Peoples Republic of California didn't either. Looks like its part of a trend that has been going on for years.

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/bl...xpansions.html

Of the 9,000 businesses that he estimates disinvested in California, some relocated completely while others kept their headquarters in California but targeted out-of-state locations for expansions, Vranich found.

It’s typical for companies leaving California to experience operating cost savings of 20 up to 35 percent, Vranich said. He said in an email to the Dallas Business Journal that he considers the results of the seven-year, 378-page study “astonishing.”

“I even wonder if some kind of ‘business migration history’ has been made,” Vranich wrote in his note.
Old 03-12-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Brown speaks the truth about California's job growth

By Chris Nichols on Monday, January 25th, 2016 at 12:00 a.m.

Near the end of his 2016 State of the State address, Gov. Jerry Brown claimed: "two million new jobs have been created," in California since 2011.

That’s a lot of new employment, we thought, especially for a state ranked by some as having the nation’s worst business climate, thanks to high taxes and regulation.

Brown has staked his legacy, at least during his second stint in the governor’s office, largely on what he calls the "California comeback."

We decided to fact check his claim about job creation, which is a big part of that comeback.

From 2007 to 2010, California lost more than a million jobs when the state’s housing and construction sectors collapsed.

The loss of tax revenue and past skimpy savings meant multi-billion dollar budget shortfalls for California. It also meant heavy cuts in services for the poor, shuttering state parks and allowing levees, bridges and highways to crumble.

In his speech at the state Capitol, Brown took some credit for the financial turnaround, noting that he’s helped pay down huge debts and create the state’s Rainy Day Fund.

He didn’t take all the credit for the new jobs.

"Two million new jobs have been created and unemployment has dropped in half," since 2011, he said in his record 14th State of the State address. "Of course, the global recovery has a lot to do with that. So, we should applaud, but we can’t control it, too."

We’ll leave the global impact on California’s recovery as a question for another day. Our focus is on Brown’s comment that "two million jobs have been created" since 2011, the year he returned to the governor’s office, and more than two decades after his initial stretch as the state’s top executive.
http://www.politifact.com/california...as-job-growth/

More bad news, yesterday on the news they said Ford is buliding a high tech research center down in the south bay.

Carl
Old 03-12-2016, 06:18 PM
Admin

Quote:
http://www.politifact.com/california...as-job-growth/

More bad news, yesterday on the news they said Ford is buliding a high tech research center down in the south bay.

Carl
Thanks Carl.

"For some guidance, we turned to Chapman University economist Esmael Adibi, who tracks state employment.

Adibi pointed to "nonfarm payroll jobs" tracked monthly by the state and federal governments. Economists consider that category the most reliable because it eliminates farm employment, which fluctuates considerably. Everyone in the nonfarm category is listed on a payroll and considered an employee.

Data from that category show that California had 14,301,300 nonfarm jobs in January 2011, when Brown’s third term started.

A report released the day after Brown’s address shows the state had more than 16,320,100 of those jobs in December 2015."

I love how they used a professor at Chapman University to verify the numbers. Not known for their love of Jerry or Democrats in general.

Last edited by bobabode; 03-12-2016 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:27 PM

Your welcome Bob.

Quote:
12.37% increase of non-farm payroll jobs in California from Jan. 2011 through Dec. 2015

12.01% increase of non-farm payroll jobs in Texas since from Jan. 2011 to Nov. 2015

8.6% increase of non-farm payroll jobs in the United States between Jan. 2011 and Dec. 2015
Good stuff, I sure like Jerry Brown!

Carl
Old 03-13-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Your welcome Bob.

Carl
Anyone that the Right hates as much as they hate Gov. Brown has to be a very good guy.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:41 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Your welcome Bob.

Carl
Another wonderful scene from the lunch table at work;

To my left; "California's been doing pretty good under Jerry Brown."

To my right; "Yeah, but that not the same as ol' Moonbeam Jerry Brown. That idiot destroyed California after Reagan left. This one's a Conservative."

Welcome to Americas well informed voting public. LOL!
Old 03-13-2016, 05:05 PM

I just love that to death. Calling him Moonbeam because he thought communication satellites where a valid tool for the present and essential for the future.
It's a no brainer those pinheads would never figure both messes he cleaned up after, Ronnie and Arnold's, the double spin turning what he fixed into what he caused is what happens when you believe Rush's double spinning.

Carl