Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I hope you had a really good proof reader.

John
Did someone open the window?

Chas
Old 01-10-2010, 06:41 PM

I never claimed allegiance for either side. I'm an American and would like to
see things back like they were or head in a better direction. I lean right
because I believe people should work for a living and not be given a free ride
through life. We have to take care of the ones that need assistance but there
are far too many freeloaders in the system. As much as you libs would like
to loop me in with big oil and walmart, I aint on their side. I have always
pulled for the average american to have success. But they cant because
there are not enough people willing to work hard and too many nogooders
waiting for their check if they do. And on the other side our politicians have
greased their pockets with chinese money to keep us down. If that makes
me a wingnut and all the other names you guys would like to call me then
go ahead, whatever DAVE.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Area Man

You know any "freeloaders" personally? I don't. All of my friends/family work. Some are in the military, some retired, but all have carried their own weight their entire adult lives.

Dave
Old 01-10-2010, 09:02 PM

Yeah DAVE I know a bunch of them. If you knew what I do, you would feel
differently.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:40 PM

I really can't knock big oil. They provide us with a product we need, and provide quite a few good paying jobs. And they pay a lot of taxes. I'm sure they manipulate the market, but the market also manipulates them.

Walmart, well, they provide a lot of jobs, and I don't see them as evil. But they pretty much have become a monopoly. And they've killed off a lot of mom and pops.

I prefer to patronize K-mart, less crowded...and they sell all of that kewl Martha Fuckinstewart crap. Don't reckon Sandy shops there anymore.

Personally, I don't think the country will turn around. The politicians have bought into this free trade and sustainable living crapola, and the middle class is standing in their way. Besides, we don't need people anymore, we've got machines building machines.

We're being led down the prim rose path, and we're all too busy blaming the other guy to see where we're going.

Chas
Old 01-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetJack View Post
Yeah DAVE I know a bunch of them. If you knew what I do, you would feel
differently.

Ah! A new thread!

Dave
Old 01-11-2010, 07:06 AM
Resident octogenarian

I only ever knew one freeloader but I think after Clinton changed welfare she probably had to work. Saw one item in the news about some woman suing the hospital saying she had bee sterilized against her wishes. She had nine kids and wanted a tenth, and she was on welfare. Now each kid costs about $200,000 over 0 to 18 or 20 and welfare does not pay that kind of money. I guess she stood out because she was rare.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

As we harken back to the days of yore consider that we all make more money (overall) even if it doesn't feel like it.

All these charts statistics etc don't tell the story. I like looking at the average size of new houses. (but darn it, can't find the $%*& thing). But you know what it'll show.

People tell me I (and others) are worse off. The I look around and see a society where their are more registered cars than drivers, 3-5 tvs in every house (along with cable - and high speed internet!), ...

You previous union guys - could you keep your machine running? Now, you can't, you have to wait for maintenance to turn a screw to get your output back in spec. If I worked at GM while I was sitting on a chair waiting for said maintenance while reading the newspaper, to do a task it would've taken me maybe 15 seconds to complete, I'd be commenting to my coworker that we'd better be getting our resumes in order.

Is that unionbashing? I have nothing against unions, only greedy ones. I enjoyed my short time with the Carpenter Brotherhood.

And I see a direct link between executives and unions - both would love to have a greater monopoly, so they could jack up prices.

I don't mean to offend everyone (which I think I'm doing) but quasi-communism didn't work, for the workers (try negotiating with the government as your boss! Good luck) and owners (who had everything they owned taken and then ruined), and protectionism was very likely the reason the Great Depression lasted until WW2.

Pete
Old 01-11-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I hope you had a really good proof reader.

John
You do understand that operating a press or mgnt has nothing to do with page setting or spell check correct?..... but follow me to another thread and contimue to insult me there aswell. HERE BOY.......HERE BOY........good dog!